Clint Eastwood is courting controversy again, this time with a Caitlyn Jenner joke at the Spike TV Guys’ Choice 2015 awards on Saturday night.
USA TODAY has learned that Spike TV will cut an Eastwood joke about Jenner when the show airs Saturday, June 18.
The website Hollywood Life reported that Eastwood made the crack when introducing Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson for an award during the program shot at Sony Pictures Studio in Culver City, CA.
Eastwood, 85, compared the San Andreas star to former athletes who have become actors, like “Jim Brown and Caitlyn Somebody…”
David Schwarz, Spike TV senior vice president of communications, confirmed the quote.
“We will remove the reference in the version that will air,” Schwarz wrote in an email.
Read more: USA Today
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer