As the number of classified Hillary Clinton emails grew to nearly 1,000, they also reveal how freely she and her staff shared information on the Benghazi attacks including confirming the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens – and even celebrating her controversial hearing appearance where she asked, “what difference, at this point, does it make” what led to the attacks.
The emails were part of the largest release yet of Clinton documents from the State Department.
The batch contained 328 emails deemed to have classified information. According to the State Department, that brings the total number with classified information to 999.
That alone drew outrage from Republicans, with the RNC saying the sheer number of emails with classified material “underscores the degree to which Hillary Clinton jeopardized our national security and has tried to mislead the American people.”
But the document dump also potentially creates more problems for Clinton in her attempt to move past the fallout from the Benghazi attacks.
Notably, the emails show her aides congratulating her after her initial January 2013 testimony on the attacks before Congress. During that hearing, she got into a dispute with Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., over the conflicting narratives about the motivation for the attack and what preceded it – the State Department had come under fire for initially pointing to a protest over an anti-Islam film. Clinton told Johnson, expressively, “what difference, at this point, does it make?”
During and after the hearing, aides forwarded Clinton congratulatory messages.
“I’m being flooded with emails about how you rocked,” deputy chief of staff Huma Abedin wrote. “And you looked fabulous.” One supporter wrote a message with the subject line: “twitterverse abuzz with Hillary-kvelling,” using the Yiddish word for gushing praise.
Later, though, political consultant Mark Penn sent an email to Clinton gently suggesting that perhaps it wasn’t wise to lose her temper in the hearing. Penn suggested Republicans could use that moment as evidence that they had rattled her.
Read more: Fox News
- Trump Attacks Everyone in Morning Twitter Rant
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- ALERT: All US Army M1911 Handguns to be Transferred to Civilian Marksmanship Program in new Bill
- Demonic: Group of Teens Laugh and Mock Disabled Man Drowning in Pond, Film the Whole Incident
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Liberal Journalist Calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders a ‘Butch Queen’
- Crocodile Returns Body of Man it Killed After Witch Doctor ‘Summoned It’ [Video]
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci is a Staunch Gun Control Supporter
- Sean Spicer is Out: Quits Job as Press Secretary and is Replaced by…
- Bill de Blasio Snubbed at Funeral for Slain Female NYPD Officer
- Berkeley Middle School Teacher Yvette Felarca Arrested For Assault, Rioting At ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protest
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]