The Clinton Foundation is now admitting that mistakes were made. “[Y]es, we made mistakes, as many organizations of our size do, but we are acting quickly to remedy them, and have taken steps to ensure they don’t happen in the future. We are committed to operating the Foundation responsibly and effectively to continue the life-changing work that this philanthropy is doing every day,” says Clinton Foundation acting CEO Maura Pally in a blog post.
The blog post reads:
Over the past few days, many questions have been raised about the Clinton Foundation, its initiatives, and the financial support that allows us to do the uniquely impactful philanthropic work that we do at home and around the world.
Without question the Foundation’s accomplishments stand on their own. From fighting obesity by helping create healthier learning environments for more than 11 million students; to working to combat one of our greatest global threats, climate change; to lowering the price of lifesaving antiretroviral drugs that have benefited more than 9 million people fighting HIV/AIDS; one thing is clear, the Clinton Foundation has not been afraid to take on big challenges and see real results.
Just as important as the results we see, is how the Foundation has transformed philanthropy into a collaborative effort by bringing NGOs, local stakeholders, government officials, private sector actors, and others together to maximize their collective investments. It seems logical, but fifteen years ago, that just wasn’t how philanthropy was done.
As the Foundation’s impact has grown, so too has its commitment to transparency. When Hillary Clinton was appointed Secretary of State, we took unprecedented steps to avoid potential conflicts of interest by going above and beyond what is required of any philanthropy and instituted voluntarily annual disclosure of all of our donors on our website. We also established a policy around the foreign government contributions we accept, recognizing that in order to continue our life improving work we rely on the contributions of government, as is the case with most large scale global charities.
Read more: weeklystandard.com
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- WATCH: Little Brother ‘Rescues’ Big Sister from a Fight
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- Family of NYC Terrorist Speak Out — They are ‘Outraged’ by NY Police
- ALLAH ADIOS! Muslim Migrants FINALLY Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Vegetarians Receive Bad News as Scientists Reveal SHOCKING New Discovery About Plants
- Theresa May Targeted by Islamist Terrorists, Less Than a Week After Criticizing Trump
- LMAO! Amy Schumer’s Stand-Up Special BOMBED so Bad Netflix Had to Change Their Ratings Format
- [email protected]: Frozen 1911 is SHOT — Slow Motion Video Shows EXACTLY What Happens [WATCH]
- Republicans Divided Over Latest Legislation to Repeal and Replace Obamacare
- Harvard Law Professor, Alan Dershowitz: Liberals Searching for ‘Crimes That Don’t Exist’
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face