Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign declared victory in the Iowa caucuses over Bernie Sanders on Monday night, even as the results were still being tallied.
Clinton was leading Sanders 49.8 percent to 49.6 percent with 95 percent of precincts reporting, according to CNN, and her aides were saying that based on the numbers they were looking at, she was the winner.
In a short speech in Des Moines, Clinton stopped shy of declaring a victory, though she did concede she was “breathing a big sigh of relief.”
‘What a great campaign this has been,” she said, adding that it’s been a “real contest of ideas.”
She also seemingly took a page from the Sanders playbook at one point in her remarks.
“I am a progressive who gets things done for people,” she declared.
Sanders separately declared a moral victory in the too-close-to-call race.
Read more: The Hill
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- FLASHBACK: When Trump Said McCain Was NOT a War Hero–He Was RIGHT
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- WATCH: Chick Accuses Cop of Racism, Then the Body Camera Footage is Released
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN