Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign declared victory in the Iowa caucuses over Bernie Sanders on Monday night, even as the results were still being tallied.
Clinton was leading Sanders 49.8 percent to 49.6 percent with 95 percent of precincts reporting, according to CNN, and her aides were saying that based on the numbers they were looking at, she was the winner.
In a short speech in Des Moines, Clinton stopped shy of declaring a victory, though she did concede she was “breathing a big sigh of relief.”
‘What a great campaign this has been,” she said, adding that it’s been a “real contest of ideas.”
She also seemingly took a page from the Sanders playbook at one point in her remarks.
“I am a progressive who gets things done for people,” she declared.
Sanders separately declared a moral victory in the too-close-to-call race.
Read more: The Hill
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- Trump UN Speech: ‘Rocket Man’ Kim Jong Un is on ‘suicide mission’ [WATCH]
- ISIS on the Verge of Losing its ‘Capital’
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Maxine Waters: ‘I think too much credit is given to presidents about how the markets are working…’
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- Trump Cuts Budget for Major U.N. Project!
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- Hillary Clinton is ‘Done With Being a Candidate’
- Buffalo Bill’s Personal Armory
- WATCH: ‘Innocent’ Lion Starts Eating Cape Buffalo that’s Still Alive… Then his Buddies Interfere
- Second Suspect in London Tube Bombing is a Syrian Migrant [VIDEO]
- Kaepernick Was About to Get Signed, Then His Girlfriend Tweeted Racist Message About Ray Lewis