Nevada resident Cliven Bundy and four others were indicted by the federal grand jury today on 16 felony charges related to the armed assault against federal law enforcement officers that occurred in the Bunkerville, Nev. area on April 12, 2014.
U.S. Attorney Daniel G. Bogden for the District of Nevada, Special Agent in Charge Laura Bucheit for the FBI in Nevada, and Bureau of Land Management Director Neil Kornze made the announcement.
“The rule of law has been reaffirmed with these charges,” said U.S. Attorney Bogden. “Persons who use force and violence against federal law enforcement officers who are enforcing court orders, and nearly causing catastrophic loss of life or injury to others, will be brought to justice.”
The maximum penalties for the charges are stated below.
Conspiracy to Commit an Offense Against the U.S. – 5 years, $250,000 fine
Conspiracy to Impede and Injure a Federal Law Enforcement Officer – 6 years, $250,000 fine
Assault on a Federal Law Enforcement Officer – 20 years, $250,000 fine
Threatening a Federal Law Enforcement Officer – 10 years, $250,000 fine
Use and Carry of a Firearm in Relation to a Crime of Violence – 5 years minimum and consecutive
Obstruction of the Due Administration of Justice – 10 years, $250,000 fine
Interference with Interstate Commerce by Extortion – 20 years, $250,000 fine
Interstate Travel in Aid of Extortion – 20 years, $250,000 fine
Read more: justice.gov
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Trump’s Travel Ban Reinstated by Supreme Court
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- North Korea Claims They’re the ‘Victim’ in Otto Warmbier’s Death
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- After Russian-Trump Fake News Story, CNN Is Imposing New Rules — But Will They Help?