“Hey, folks, this is Noah. Gettin’ my blog live,” Harpham says in the brief recording while walking around a room as techno music blares in the background.
Harpham goes on to talk nonsensically about a pastor’s sermon. In the essay, he writes of “mind-control technique” and God.
The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office on Monday afternoon formally identified Harpham as the gunman in the vicious Saturday slayings that spanned several city blocks. He died in a shootout with police.
“Words cannot express our heartfelt sympathies that go out to the families and friends of the victims,” Harpham’s father and brother wrote in a statement first reported by The Gazette. “We ask for privacy as our family tries to deal with this tragedy.”
The Denver Post could not find a criminal record for Harpham in Colorado. Efforts to reach his family on Monday were unsuccessful.
Harpham’s mother, Heather Kopp, wrote about her son’s struggles with alcohol and drug addiction in a 2013 book titled “Sober Mercies: How Love Caught Up with a Christian Drunk.” In an eHarmony account, Harpham wrote of being in Alcoholics Anonymous and being sober since December 2013.
“(I’m) just a big friendly giant,” he said on the dating website.
Minutes after the shooting began Saturday, police rushed to confront Harpham in the middle of a busy intersection just east of downtown, dispatch archives show.
Near East Platte and Wahsatch avenues, officers found the armed killer — a tall, curly-haired man clad in a black hat and green jacket — and a battle ensued.
“Shots fired! My cruiser is shot at!” an officer hollered over his radio, according to archives captures on Broadcastify.com.
At 9:01 a.m., about seven minutes after police were first dispatched to the area, Harpham was under police control.
“We do have the suspect shot,” the same officer said.
As emergency responders tended to Harpham, investigators began finding the carnage the killer had left in his path over several blocks — a bicyclist slain in broad daylight and two women found gunned down together.
“This is a headshot,” an officer told dispatch of what he found at one of the scenes.
“This whole area is a crime scene,” another said over his radio.
Authorities have been slow to release details in the rampage, waiting until Monday evening to identify the slain bicyclist as 35-year-old Andrew Alan Myers and the two women as Jennifer Michelle Vasquez, 42, and Christina Rose Baccus-Gallela, 34.
Read more: denverpost.com
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Watch: President Trump Issues New Threat to North Korea, ‘Things Will Happen to Them Like They Never Thought Possible’
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Rosie O’Donnell Apologizes to Tyrant Kim Jong-un for President Trump’s Behavior… [VIDEO]
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- EDEN: A True Story of Sex Slavery in Nevada
- Watch: Protesters Destroy Confederate Monument in North Carolina to ‘Smash White Supremacy’
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]