“Hey, folks, this is Noah. Gettin’ my blog live,” Harpham says in the brief recording while walking around a room as techno music blares in the background.
Harpham goes on to talk nonsensically about a pastor’s sermon. In the essay, he writes of “mind-control technique” and God.
The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office on Monday afternoon formally identified Harpham as the gunman in the vicious Saturday slayings that spanned several city blocks. He died in a shootout with police.
“Words cannot express our heartfelt sympathies that go out to the families and friends of the victims,” Harpham’s father and brother wrote in a statement first reported by The Gazette. “We ask for privacy as our family tries to deal with this tragedy.”
The Denver Post could not find a criminal record for Harpham in Colorado. Efforts to reach his family on Monday were unsuccessful.
Harpham’s mother, Heather Kopp, wrote about her son’s struggles with alcohol and drug addiction in a 2013 book titled “Sober Mercies: How Love Caught Up with a Christian Drunk.” In an eHarmony account, Harpham wrote of being in Alcoholics Anonymous and being sober since December 2013.
“(I’m) just a big friendly giant,” he said on the dating website.
Minutes after the shooting began Saturday, police rushed to confront Harpham in the middle of a busy intersection just east of downtown, dispatch archives show.
Near East Platte and Wahsatch avenues, officers found the armed killer — a tall, curly-haired man clad in a black hat and green jacket — and a battle ensued.
“Shots fired! My cruiser is shot at!” an officer hollered over his radio, according to archives captures on Broadcastify.com.
At 9:01 a.m., about seven minutes after police were first dispatched to the area, Harpham was under police control.
“We do have the suspect shot,” the same officer said.
As emergency responders tended to Harpham, investigators began finding the carnage the killer had left in his path over several blocks — a bicyclist slain in broad daylight and two women found gunned down together.
“This is a headshot,” an officer told dispatch of what he found at one of the scenes.
“This whole area is a crime scene,” another said over his radio.
Authorities have been slow to release details in the rampage, waiting until Monday evening to identify the slain bicyclist as 35-year-old Andrew Alan Myers and the two women as Jennifer Michelle Vasquez, 42, and Christina Rose Baccus-Gallela, 34.
Read more: denverpost.com
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- North Korea Claims They’re the ‘Victim’ in Otto Warmbier’s Death
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- BREAKING: Republicans Delay Health Care Vote, Not Enough…
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- ISIS Forces Sex Slave to EAT Her 1yr-Old Son
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- EXCLUSIVE: American Patriot & [email protected] Chuck Taylor Discusses Defensive Handgun Shooting [WATCH]