“Hey, folks, this is Noah. Gettin’ my blog live,” Harpham says in the brief recording while walking around a room as techno music blares in the background.
Harpham goes on to talk nonsensically about a pastor’s sermon. In the essay, he writes of “mind-control technique” and God.
The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office on Monday afternoon formally identified Harpham as the gunman in the vicious Saturday slayings that spanned several city blocks. He died in a shootout with police.
“Words cannot express our heartfelt sympathies that go out to the families and friends of the victims,” Harpham’s father and brother wrote in a statement first reported by The Gazette. “We ask for privacy as our family tries to deal with this tragedy.”
The Denver Post could not find a criminal record for Harpham in Colorado. Efforts to reach his family on Monday were unsuccessful.
Harpham’s mother, Heather Kopp, wrote about her son’s struggles with alcohol and drug addiction in a 2013 book titled “Sober Mercies: How Love Caught Up with a Christian Drunk.” In an eHarmony account, Harpham wrote of being in Alcoholics Anonymous and being sober since December 2013.
“(I’m) just a big friendly giant,” he said on the dating website.
Minutes after the shooting began Saturday, police rushed to confront Harpham in the middle of a busy intersection just east of downtown, dispatch archives show.
Near East Platte and Wahsatch avenues, officers found the armed killer — a tall, curly-haired man clad in a black hat and green jacket — and a battle ensued.
“Shots fired! My cruiser is shot at!” an officer hollered over his radio, according to archives captures on Broadcastify.com.
At 9:01 a.m., about seven minutes after police were first dispatched to the area, Harpham was under police control.
“We do have the suspect shot,” the same officer said.
As emergency responders tended to Harpham, investigators began finding the carnage the killer had left in his path over several blocks — a bicyclist slain in broad daylight and two women found gunned down together.
“This is a headshot,” an officer told dispatch of what he found at one of the scenes.
“This whole area is a crime scene,” another said over his radio.
Authorities have been slow to release details in the rampage, waiting until Monday evening to identify the slain bicyclist as 35-year-old Andrew Alan Myers and the two women as Jennifer Michelle Vasquez, 42, and Christina Rose Baccus-Gallela, 34.
Read more: denverpost.com
- Pelosi Kicks Off Campaign Season With Perfect Gift to GOP [WATCH]
- BREAKING: FBI, DOJ Broke Law in Clinton Email Probe — Inspector General Declares
- Obama’s Education Secretary, Arne Duncan, Wants Americans to Pull Students from School for Gun Control Push
- Here Are the Students Not Walking Out of School for Gun-Control
- David Hogg’s Sister Pleas to Melania Trump: ‘My Brother Is Literally Getting Cyberbullied’
- GET NAKED: Professor Challenges Students to Get In Touch with “Erotic Self” by Getting Naked for Final Exam
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- Juan Williams HAMMERS CNN for Fake News Story that Hannity ‘Pulled a GUN’ on Him
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- Female ISIS Militant Gives 300 LASHES to Another Woman for Refusing to…
- Watch: FBI Informant Claims ‘Secret Society’ of Agents Against President Donald Trump is Real
- Authorities Confronted YouTube Shooter Just Hours Before Shooting
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- HEY TRUMP: Hillary has a Border Wall Around Her House… Please Share with Everyone
- New Bill Would Allow Guns On Public Campus Parking Lots and Bars
- INSIDE THE CRIME SCENE: Chilling Photos of James Holmes’ Attack
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- ‘BLOOD COMING OUT OF HER EVERYWHERE’: Donald Trump’s Twitter War Against Megyn Kelly Took a Nasty Turn When This Happened…