“Hey, folks, this is Noah. Gettin’ my blog live,” Harpham says in the brief recording while walking around a room as techno music blares in the background.
Harpham goes on to talk nonsensically about a pastor’s sermon. In the essay, he writes of “mind-control technique” and God.
The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office on Monday afternoon formally identified Harpham as the gunman in the vicious Saturday slayings that spanned several city blocks. He died in a shootout with police.
“Words cannot express our heartfelt sympathies that go out to the families and friends of the victims,” Harpham’s father and brother wrote in a statement first reported by The Gazette. “We ask for privacy as our family tries to deal with this tragedy.”
The Denver Post could not find a criminal record for Harpham in Colorado. Efforts to reach his family on Monday were unsuccessful.
Harpham’s mother, Heather Kopp, wrote about her son’s struggles with alcohol and drug addiction in a 2013 book titled “Sober Mercies: How Love Caught Up with a Christian Drunk.” In an eHarmony account, Harpham wrote of being in Alcoholics Anonymous and being sober since December 2013.
“(I’m) just a big friendly giant,” he said on the dating website.
Minutes after the shooting began Saturday, police rushed to confront Harpham in the middle of a busy intersection just east of downtown, dispatch archives show.
Near East Platte and Wahsatch avenues, officers found the armed killer — a tall, curly-haired man clad in a black hat and green jacket — and a battle ensued.
“Shots fired! My cruiser is shot at!” an officer hollered over his radio, according to archives captures on Broadcastify.com.
At 9:01 a.m., about seven minutes after police were first dispatched to the area, Harpham was under police control.
“We do have the suspect shot,” the same officer said.
As emergency responders tended to Harpham, investigators began finding the carnage the killer had left in his path over several blocks — a bicyclist slain in broad daylight and two women found gunned down together.
“This is a headshot,” an officer told dispatch of what he found at one of the scenes.
“This whole area is a crime scene,” another said over his radio.
Authorities have been slow to release details in the rampage, waiting until Monday evening to identify the slain bicyclist as 35-year-old Andrew Alan Myers and the two women as Jennifer Michelle Vasquez, 42, and Christina Rose Baccus-Gallela, 34.
Read more: denverpost.com
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- PRINCE CLAIMS: Saudi Arabia Has FUNDED Hillary Clinton Campaign from Beginning
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution