A second Paris gunman has been confirmed as having entered Europe via Greece by posing as a refugee. Following reports on Saturday morning that one of the gunmen was found with a Syrian passport, Greek authorities quickly confirmed that he had entered via the island of Leros. A second terrorist is now reported to have used the same route.
Yesterday, Breitbart London reported that an unnamed gunman involved in the attack on various locations in Paris on Friday night which claimed at least 129 lives made his way to France via Greece, registering on the Greek island of Leros on the 3rd October. Greek police have now confirmed that a second gunman made the same journey weeks earlier in August, at the height of the migrant flow.
As the Greek security forces continue to work with the French authorities, it is possible that others amongst the ten terrorists responsible for the attack will be shown to have taken the same route, Greek news site Antenna has reported.
Greece has vowed to increase security measures following the attack, including increased surveillance of suspicious people passing through the country. The Ministry of Citizen Protection has also promised to stay in close contact with other European states and to maintain vigilance.
In a statement, The Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras stressed that it is “our duty to dismantle and directly isolate the terrorists.” He continued, “though our debt is to immediately stop the cycle of violence and war … our duty is to find a solution to the refugee problem, the drama of people who leave their homes fleeing from the terrorists themselves and drown in the Mediterranean Sea”.
This coming Tuesday, Britain is due to welcome the first of 20,000 Syrian refugees the government promised to rehome following European pressure to assist with the migrant crisis. A senior Home Office official has confirmed that the flight will “go ahead as planned,” insisting that security services had “vetting in place” to weed out any ISIS fanatics among them.
Read more: breitbart.com
- Rand Paul: Donald Trump was ‘Large Financial Backer’ of Haiti Mission Trips When he Was Private Citizen [Watch]
- Senator Says Trump Never Made ‘S***hole’ Comment [Watch]
- Man Who Sent Hawaii into a Panic Over Ballistic Missile Warning “Feels Really Bad”
- Condoleezza Rice: The #MeToo Movement Will Turn ‘Women into Snowflakes’
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Millions Of Gun Owners Become Criminals in California
- Watch: Chelsea Manning is Running for Senate and the Campaign Ad Will Make You Cry with Laughter
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Activists Destroy H&M Store Over Racist Advert [Video]
- Poll: ‘No More’ Aid to Pakistan — Do You Agree With Trump?
- SHARK BAIT: Great White Shark Feeds Just Feet from Cape Cod Shore [WATCH]
- Photo Gallery
- Lock Them Up: Trump Demands Jail for Huma Abedin and Investigation into Comey
- Armed Guards Surround Women’s March, As They Protest Gun Rights…
- Oprah: Supports Jihad, Genocide, and Falsely Accuses People of Racism
- U.N. Labels President Trump a ‘Racist’
- Little Girl and Her Puppet STUN America’s Got Talent Judges in Most AMAZING Act