President Obama’s dismissal of MIT’s Jonathan Gruber as just “some adviser” he barely remembers, rather than a key architect of ObamaCare, has always been one of the flimsiest and most transparent lies told by this profoundly dishonest White House.
Everyone knew Gruber was critical to ObamaCare, and when he was caught on tape high-fiving himself for helping to fool what he described as “stupid” American voters with the Affordable Care Act’s web of false promises and ludicrous projections, he was speaking from the Administration’s heart.
It’s still newsworthy that the House Oversight Committee has released emails to the Wall Street Journal showing Gruber had a far closer working relationship with the White House than it wanted to admit:
The emails show frequent consultations between Mr. Gruber and top Obama administration staffers and advisers in the White House and the Department of Health and Human Services on the Affordable Care Act. They show he informed HHS about interviews with reporters and discussions with lawmakers, and he consulted with HHS about how to publicly describe his role.
[…] “His proximity to HHS and the White House was a whole lot tighter than they admitted,” said Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) (R., Utah), chairman of the House oversight committee. “There’s no doubt he was a much more integral part of this than they’ve said. He put up this facade he was an arm’s length away. It was a farce.”
Mr. Chaffetz on Sunday sent a letter to HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell requesting information justifying the department’s sole-source contract with Mr. Gruber for his work on the health law.
Good luck with that, Rep. Chaffetz. At the rate this Administration responds to congressional and public inquiries, you’ll be getting the answer to your letter sometime in 2018.
The emails show Mr. Gruber was in touch with key advisers such as Peter Orszag, who was director of the Office of Management and Budget, an arm of the White House that oversaw federal programs.
He was also in contact with Jason Furman, an economic adviser to the president, and Ezekiel Emanuel, who was then a special adviser for health policy at OMB.
One email indicates Mr. Gruber was invited to meet with Mr. Obama. In a July 2009 email, he wrote that Mr. Orszag had “invited me to meet with the head honcho to talk about cost control.”
Read more: breitbart.com
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- BREAKING: Barcelona Terrorist Found Wearing an Explosive Belt ‘Screaming Allahu Akbar’ — Has Been Shot Down
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama