President Obama’s dismissal of MIT’s Jonathan Gruber as just “some adviser” he barely remembers, rather than a key architect of ObamaCare, has always been one of the flimsiest and most transparent lies told by this profoundly dishonest White House.
Everyone knew Gruber was critical to ObamaCare, and when he was caught on tape high-fiving himself for helping to fool what he described as “stupid” American voters with the Affordable Care Act’s web of false promises and ludicrous projections, he was speaking from the Administration’s heart.
It’s still newsworthy that the House Oversight Committee has released emails to the Wall Street Journal showing Gruber had a far closer working relationship with the White House than it wanted to admit:
The emails show frequent consultations between Mr. Gruber and top Obama administration staffers and advisers in the White House and the Department of Health and Human Services on the Affordable Care Act. They show he informed HHS about interviews with reporters and discussions with lawmakers, and he consulted with HHS about how to publicly describe his role.
[…] “His proximity to HHS and the White House was a whole lot tighter than they admitted,” said Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) (R., Utah), chairman of the House oversight committee. “There’s no doubt he was a much more integral part of this than they’ve said. He put up this facade he was an arm’s length away. It was a farce.”
Mr. Chaffetz on Sunday sent a letter to HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell requesting information justifying the department’s sole-source contract with Mr. Gruber for his work on the health law.
Good luck with that, Rep. Chaffetz. At the rate this Administration responds to congressional and public inquiries, you’ll be getting the answer to your letter sometime in 2018.
The emails show Mr. Gruber was in touch with key advisers such as Peter Orszag, who was director of the Office of Management and Budget, an arm of the White House that oversaw federal programs.
He was also in contact with Jason Furman, an economic adviser to the president, and Ezekiel Emanuel, who was then a special adviser for health policy at OMB.
One email indicates Mr. Gruber was invited to meet with Mr. Obama. In a July 2009 email, he wrote that Mr. Orszag had “invited me to meet with the head honcho to talk about cost control.”
Read more: breitbart.com
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- Dude Starts Freaking When Chick Places Snake on His Lap in Most Hilarious Video
- ALERT: US Official Arrested For Giving Chinese Agent Top-Secret…
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Migrants Kill Motorist by Dragging Tree-Trunks to Stop Traffic, Hijack Cars
- Hillary Clinton & Co. About to be Stripped of Security Clearance
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- WATCH: Why Poor People Shouldn’t Run the Economy
- Protesters Interrupt Trump During Time For Prayer — The President’s Reaction Is Priceless
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- Watch: Dude Performs Erotic Drag Show for Elementary & Middle School Kids
- Professor Publishes ‘#LetThemF*ckingDie’ Article About White People, Now Playing The Victim…
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?