Grief-stricken family members of a woman randomly shot dead Wednesday on a San Francisco pier popular with tourists have spoken out in tribute of their beloved daughter and sister.
Just hours after the horrific slaying at Pier 14, the tight-knit parents and brother of Kathryn ‘Kate’ Steinle, 32 were still coming to grips with the senseless killing, but had no trouble finding words to describe how special Kate was.
‘She was the most wonderful, loving caring person and if anybody could take anything from this — if you love somebody, just tell them that you love them,’ said brother Brad Steinle.
‘We loved Kate, and I will love her till the day I die,’ Brad told ABC 7 as he fought off tears. ‘I had the best sister.’
Kate’s mother, 69-year-old Liz Sullivan, recounted the first moments of their family’s nightmare to the San Francisco Chronicle. ‘She just kept saying, ‘Dad, help me, help me.”
Her father immediately began CPR before paramedics rushed the woman to the hospital.
‘She fought for her life,’ Sullivan said.
Sullivan said the killing was unbelievable and surreal. ‘I don’t think I’ve totally grasped it,’ she said.
Jim Steinle said the shooting happened so fast it was hard to fathom it was actually happening.
‘There was a pop, and Kate went down,’ 68-year-old Jim Steinle tearfully recalled on Thursday.
Police arrested Francisco Sanchez about an hour after the shooting. Authorities said he does not yet have a lawyer.
According to CBS San Francisco, the 45- or 46-year-old Texas man was on probation in the Lone Star State at the time of shooting.
After making the arrest, divers were sent into the murky depths of the bay around Pier 14 and discovered a firearm, though it was not immediately clear if it was this crime’s murder weapon.
Police Sergeant Michael Andraychak said witnesses snapped photos of Sanchez immediately after the shooting and the images helped police make the arrest while he was walking on a sidewalk a few blocks away.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Alert: 18 ‘ISIS Fighters’ Have Been Executed in Libya
- Dude Goes on Streaking Rampage After Cutting Off His Penis While High on Drugs [Video]
- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Staffer Tries Fleeing Country After FBI Seize Bashed in Hard Drives
- Fast & Furious Eric Holder Attacks Trump for Corruption
- FBI Grabs Smashed Hard Drives from Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Aides
- Female Hunter Commits Suicide After Being Threatened by Animal Rights Activists
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Sessions, Priebus Soon to be Fired According to Trump Confidante
- Imam in America Prays for Complete ‘Annihilation’ of Jews, ‘Down To The Very Last One’
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Chick Kills Her 14yr-Old Sister While Driving Under Influence and Live Streams it, ‘I killed my sister, but I don’t care.’ [Video]
- Sean Spicer is Out: Quits Job as Press Secretary and is Replaced by…
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- Starbucks Customer Nails Armed Robber with Chair and Saves the Day [Watch]
- Holy Sh*t: Kurdish Female Fighter Narrowly Escapes Sniper Shot
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Trump Says ‘ObamaCare is torturing the American People’ as Republicans Head to Senate on Repeal Vote, With Surprise Attendance from McCain