Grief-stricken family members of a woman randomly shot dead Wednesday on a San Francisco pier popular with tourists have spoken out in tribute of their beloved daughter and sister.
Just hours after the horrific slaying at Pier 14, the tight-knit parents and brother of Kathryn ‘Kate’ Steinle, 32 were still coming to grips with the senseless killing, but had no trouble finding words to describe how special Kate was.
‘She was the most wonderful, loving caring person and if anybody could take anything from this — if you love somebody, just tell them that you love them,’ said brother Brad Steinle.
‘We loved Kate, and I will love her till the day I die,’ Brad told ABC 7 as he fought off tears. ‘I had the best sister.’
Kate’s mother, 69-year-old Liz Sullivan, recounted the first moments of their family’s nightmare to the San Francisco Chronicle. ‘She just kept saying, ‘Dad, help me, help me.”
Her father immediately began CPR before paramedics rushed the woman to the hospital.
‘She fought for her life,’ Sullivan said.
Sullivan said the killing was unbelievable and surreal. ‘I don’t think I’ve totally grasped it,’ she said.
Jim Steinle said the shooting happened so fast it was hard to fathom it was actually happening.
‘There was a pop, and Kate went down,’ 68-year-old Jim Steinle tearfully recalled on Thursday.
Police arrested Francisco Sanchez about an hour after the shooting. Authorities said he does not yet have a lawyer.
According to CBS San Francisco, the 45- or 46-year-old Texas man was on probation in the Lone Star State at the time of shooting.
After making the arrest, divers were sent into the murky depths of the bay around Pier 14 and discovered a firearm, though it was not immediately clear if it was this crime’s murder weapon.
Police Sergeant Michael Andraychak said witnesses snapped photos of Sanchez immediately after the shooting and the images helped police make the arrest while he was walking on a sidewalk a few blocks away.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump