Grief-stricken family members of a woman randomly shot dead Wednesday on a San Francisco pier popular with tourists have spoken out in tribute of their beloved daughter and sister.
Just hours after the horrific slaying at Pier 14, the tight-knit parents and brother of Kathryn ‘Kate’ Steinle, 32 were still coming to grips with the senseless killing, but had no trouble finding words to describe how special Kate was.
‘She was the most wonderful, loving caring person and if anybody could take anything from this — if you love somebody, just tell them that you love them,’ said brother Brad Steinle.
‘We loved Kate, and I will love her till the day I die,’ Brad told ABC 7 as he fought off tears. ‘I had the best sister.’
Kate’s mother, 69-year-old Liz Sullivan, recounted the first moments of their family’s nightmare to the San Francisco Chronicle. ‘She just kept saying, ‘Dad, help me, help me.”
Her father immediately began CPR before paramedics rushed the woman to the hospital.
‘She fought for her life,’ Sullivan said.
Sullivan said the killing was unbelievable and surreal. ‘I don’t think I’ve totally grasped it,’ she said.
Jim Steinle said the shooting happened so fast it was hard to fathom it was actually happening.
‘There was a pop, and Kate went down,’ 68-year-old Jim Steinle tearfully recalled on Thursday.
Police arrested Francisco Sanchez about an hour after the shooting. Authorities said he does not yet have a lawyer.
According to CBS San Francisco, the 45- or 46-year-old Texas man was on probation in the Lone Star State at the time of shooting.
After making the arrest, divers were sent into the murky depths of the bay around Pier 14 and discovered a firearm, though it was not immediately clear if it was this crime’s murder weapon.
Police Sergeant Michael Andraychak said witnesses snapped photos of Sanchez immediately after the shooting and the images helped police make the arrest while he was walking on a sidewalk a few blocks away.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Actors Blame Trump for Hawaii False Alarm — Jim Carrey “We are headed for suffering beyond all imagination.”
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WOW: Is Obama FORCING Trump Out of the Oval Office?
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…