This sounds like a mafia extortion shakedown, doesn’t it? However, it’s all too true. The Democrat-controlled Washington, DC Council voted unanimously on Tuesday to approve a crime bill, which among other things will “pay for peace.”
According to one provision of the bill, it would pay as many as 200 individuals up to $9.000 per year in order to participate in therapy programs and stop committing crimes!
This has drawn heavy criticism from those looking on.
Washington City Paper reports that the council is even being tight lipped on who gets this money and how much they will receive.
In an amendment in the nature of a substitute attached to his bill that [Kenyan] McDuffie submitted yesterday, McDuffie requires the city agency in charge of the program to make an annual report on its success. The report would include participants’ progress, demographic information, and recruitment figures.
It’s a necessary review on a program that could ultimately pay individuals thousands of dollars to attend anti-crime programs and stay out of trouble. But McDuffie’s legislation makes it difficult to see just how the program is doing, because he exempts the annual reports from the Freedom of Information Act.
In an email to LL, McDuffie spokeswoman Dionne Calhoun says the FOIA exemption is meant to “preserve the confidentiality of participant information.” But language in McDuffie’s legislation already requires the report to be “protective of personally-identifying information,” to say nothing of the privacy exemptions already built into the city’s FOIA law.
Instead, McDuffie’s FOIA legislation will make it harder to know whether his unorthodox anti-crime approach is actually working.
Read more: Freedom Outpost
- One School has Armed Their Staff with Guns After Florida Shooting — Good Idea?
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Army Awards Slain JROTC Cadets for Their Heroism During Parkland School Shooting
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- WATCH: Classmate of Nikolas Cruz Reported Him Multiple Times and Claims ‘He talked about killing our friends’
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- President Trump Hammers #MeToo Movement — Do You Agree With Him?
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- ISIS Gives New Meaning to Craigslist Killers, Lures Hostages by…
- Why Women Should Shoot Full-Size Guns
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Bug out Guns: 7 Best Firearms for your Bug out Arsenal
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing