U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has flagged for deportation the sole suspect charged in the high-profile, quadruple homicide in the multimillion dollar Northwest home of businessman Savvas Savopoulos.
The agency has placed an immigration detainer on Darron Delon Dennis Wint, who was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in last month’s killings of a D.C. couple, their 10-year-old child and the family’s housekeeper. ICE officials confirmed that Mr. Wint, who is a citizen of Guyana, could face deportation from the United States if he is convicted.
ICE spokeswoman Carissa Cutrell said Mr. Wint is in the United States legally as a lawful permanent resident, a term used by the agency for green card holders. She said the agency filed the detainer, which asks the local jail to alert officials of an individual’s pending release so he or she can be taken into ICE custody, after Mr. Wint was arrested and charged with murder.
A D.C. Superior Court judge has ordered Mr. Wint to remain in jail pending further court proceedings. If convicted, ICE would not take him into the agency’s custody until after he served his sentence. Immigration courts would then determine whether he should be deported.
Though police believe others were involved in the crime, Mr. Wint is currently the only person charged in the May 14 slayings of businessman Savvas Savopoulos; his wife, Amy; their 10-year-old son, Philip; and housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa. The victims were found dead inside the Savopouloses’ multi-million dollar Northwest home by firefighters called to the scene as the house went up in flames. Police said the victims suffered blunt force trauma and stab wounds and had been held captive in the home since the previous night.
Read more: Washington Times
- A Furious Mike Pence Takes on McCain After Senator Saved Obamacare [WATCH]
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- WATCH: Trump Calls Kaepernick a ‘Son of a B****’ for Protesting National Anthem
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Kimg Jong-un Replies to Trump: Plans to “Tame” the President with “Fire”
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Not So Sharp: Masked Robbers Attempt to Hold Up Bar Filled With Policemen
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- DOJ Will Not Investigate IRS for Targeting Conservative Groups
- ‘WHY DOVES CRY’: Madonna’s Underwhelming Tribute Performance for PRINCE has the Internet EXPLODING [VIDEO]
- Millennial Chick Mocks Hillary, Writing Book on ‘How To Pretend Like You’re a Winner, When You’re Actually…’ [WATCH]
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- This EPIC Meme DESTROYS Colin Kaepernick’s REFUSAL to Stand for the National Anthem
- The Real Deplorables–FOUR Football Players Disrespect America on 9/11
- Irma Hits Florida: The Deadly Surge to Come…
- Chick Wants to Change ‘Father’s Day’ To ‘Special Persons Day’ — Watch Her Explain This One…