While friends were commenting on his last Facebook post Friday — and some were reading text messages indicating his plan to commit suicide by cop — Trepierre Hummons called 911 then waited with a gun for police to arrive, Cincinnati police said.
When they did, he and shot and killed 48-year-old Officer Sonny Kim, a husband and father of three, police said.
Then he opened fire on two more officers, said Cincinnati Police Chief Jeffery Blackwell.
The police, while armed, didn’t know what they’d walked into. That’s because when when the 21-year-old Hummons called the emergency operator, he didn’t hint at his plan.
Instead he pretended to be a concerned witness who’d seen a man acting erratically with a gun, according to 911 and dispatch tapes released by police.
“He’s walking around getting belligerent with a gun,” Hummons told the operator. Then he gave a description of himself in a shaky voice. “Very early 20s … about like 5 (foot) 6 … he’s a little thick fellow.”
The operator took down his name and number. Hummons thanked her. She ended the call and dispatched an officer.
Hummons dialed 911 again to make sure police were on their way, and he repeated his location. Moments later, the dispatcher repeated to an officer the description of the irate man with the gun.
“Copy, I’m in the area,” the officer answered her before bursting into shouts: “Shots fired! Shots fired!”
Read more: CNN
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- ‘Nails and Shrapnel’: Bomb Headed to Austin Explodes at FedEx
- PETA Bounty: Alleged Frenchman Kicks Squirrel into Grand Canyon, PETA Places $16K Bounty on His Head
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Barbra Streisand: I’m No #MeToo Victim, I Was Never Sexually Harassed
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- HOUSE REPORT: War on ISIS is NOT Going Well, Government LIED so Obama Would Look Good
- Muslim Chick Urges to ‘Stand Together’ While Wearing Burka with Pistol, Grenade, Blade, Machine Gun That Spelled Out…
- VIDEO: Donald Hits Back at CNN–‘The CLINTON News Network’
- WATCH: Idiot Writer Claims Americans Have NEVER Used Guns To Protect…
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens