The Oregon shooter who killed nine and injured nine ordered a girl to beg for her life before shooting her anyway, a survivor recalls.
Chris Harper-Mercer prefaced his murderous rampage by handing an envelope to one boy, told him to stand in the corner and said ‘you’re the lucky one’.
However, his mercy extended no further.
In a chilling account from 18-year-old survivor Lacey Scroggins, Harper-Mercer turned to one girl and said he would spare her if she begged for her life. As she pleaded, he shot her.
The 26-year-old killer also ordered his Christian classmates to crawl into the middle of the room to be shot dead, Scroggins’ father, Pastor Randy Scroggins, revealed.
Each victim was asked their religion. If Christian, they were shot dead. If not, they were shot and injured.
Scroggins survived by lying under the dying body of her friend, Treven Anspach, her father revealed.
Randy Scroggins received a phone call from Anspach’s mother while speaking with The Associated Press.
‘He saved my girl. I will forever call your son my hero,’ he said, adding that he would mention her son, who turned 20 last month, during his Sunday church service and ask for prayers.
‘I’m so sorry for your loss.’
It is not known what was in the envelope Harper-Mercer handed over to the spared boy, but police have confirmed they retrieved a several-page manifesto he wrote from the scene.
Law enforcement sources, who did not wish to be named, confirmed the existence of the manifesto saying it was an attempt to leave a message for police. The sources said that the document had been left at the scene by Harper-Mercer, but wouldn’t say how they received it.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- BREAKING: Barcelona Terrorist Found Wearing an Explosive Belt ‘Screaming Allahu Akbar’ — Has Been Shot Down
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- BOOM: After Trump’s ‘FAKE NEWS’ Comment, CNN’s Stocks Take a Hit
- All You Need To Know About “Assault” Rifles
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- White House Fact Sheet: How Trump and Sessions Have Combated Lawless Sanctuary Cities