A Guantanamo Bay prisoner has an online dating profile.
Muhammad Rahim al-Afghani is looking for love on Match.com from the confines of his prison camp, where he has been held since 2007.
According to his lawyer Carlos Warner, who monitors the account, al-Afghani set up the profile in 2012.
With the location set to ‘Guantanamo Bay’, his tag line reads, ‘detained but ready to mingle’ – and he gets matches every day.
The surprising news has emerged in a set of letters the ‘high-value’ prisoner sent to Warner this summer, seen by Daily Mail Online, in which he jokes about the Ashley Madison hack and his own experience in the field.
‘This is terrible news about Ashley Madison, please remove my profile immediately!!!’ al-Afghani jokes in a letter dated 21 July.
‘I’ll stick with Match.com even though you say it is for old people. There is no way I can do Tinder in here.’
Al-Afghani, who is accused of being a close associate of Osama bin Laden but has not been given a trial, made his foray into the ever-popular world of online dating after reading about the phenomenon in a magazine four years ago, Warner told Daily Mail Online.
With access to satellite television and newspapers, the Afghan detainee has become passionate about modern technology and popular culture beyond the confines of Camp 7.
‘I was visiting him a few years ago and, as always, brought him some magazines,’ Warner explains.
‘At the time online dating wasn’t as big as it is now, and he found it fascinating. He asked if we could set up a profile so I did.
‘We decided on two: Plenty Of Fish and Match.com. But Plenty Of Fish required too much classified information – date of birth, exact location. So we went with Match.com.
‘It’s obviously it’s a bit of satire and unfortunately he doesn’t have a trial or release date, but if he did he would certainly be responding to some of these matches.
‘I still get emails every day with matches from women in the Caribbean. He finds it very funny that some woman in Jamaica might be pining for him even though he’s open about the fact that he’s in Guantanamo.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol