A Guantanamo Bay prisoner has an online dating profile.
Muhammad Rahim al-Afghani is looking for love on Match.com from the confines of his prison camp, where he has been held since 2007.
According to his lawyer Carlos Warner, who monitors the account, al-Afghani set up the profile in 2012.
With the location set to ‘Guantanamo Bay’, his tag line reads, ‘detained but ready to mingle’ – and he gets matches every day.
The surprising news has emerged in a set of letters the ‘high-value’ prisoner sent to Warner this summer, seen by Daily Mail Online, in which he jokes about the Ashley Madison hack and his own experience in the field.
‘This is terrible news about Ashley Madison, please remove my profile immediately!!!’ al-Afghani jokes in a letter dated 21 July.
‘I’ll stick with Match.com even though you say it is for old people. There is no way I can do Tinder in here.’
Al-Afghani, who is accused of being a close associate of Osama bin Laden but has not been given a trial, made his foray into the ever-popular world of online dating after reading about the phenomenon in a magazine four years ago, Warner told Daily Mail Online.
With access to satellite television and newspapers, the Afghan detainee has become passionate about modern technology and popular culture beyond the confines of Camp 7.
‘I was visiting him a few years ago and, as always, brought him some magazines,’ Warner explains.
‘At the time online dating wasn’t as big as it is now, and he found it fascinating. He asked if we could set up a profile so I did.
‘We decided on two: Plenty Of Fish and Match.com. But Plenty Of Fish required too much classified information – date of birth, exact location. So we went with Match.com.
‘It’s obviously it’s a bit of satire and unfortunately he doesn’t have a trial or release date, but if he did he would certainly be responding to some of these matches.
‘I still get emails every day with matches from women in the Caribbean. He finds it very funny that some woman in Jamaica might be pining for him even though he’s open about the fact that he’s in Guantanamo.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Rule Rejected
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- On The 154th Anniversary Of Gettysburg, Leftists Are Promising To ‘Desecrate Graves’
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Dear Gun Grabbers: This Video Proves Why Homeowners Need Guns
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Justice Clarence Thomas Speaks! Finds It “Improbable” The Second Amendment Only Protects…
- Pregnant Chick Shoots Her Baby-Daddy Dead While He Attempted to Stop Bullet With Book [Video]
- ISIS Forces Sex Slave to EAT Her 1yr-Old Son
- Trump Plummets ‘Refugee’ Resettlement Numbers — Destroys Obama’s Goals
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- Rachel Dolezal the Race FAKER is Back in the News Spreading More Lies
- Um… Guess Why These Feminists are Naked and Screaming in the Street