A Guantanamo Bay prisoner has an online dating profile.
Muhammad Rahim al-Afghani is looking for love on Match.com from the confines of his prison camp, where he has been held since 2007.
According to his lawyer Carlos Warner, who monitors the account, al-Afghani set up the profile in 2012.
With the location set to ‘Guantanamo Bay’, his tag line reads, ‘detained but ready to mingle’ – and he gets matches every day.
The surprising news has emerged in a set of letters the ‘high-value’ prisoner sent to Warner this summer, seen by Daily Mail Online, in which he jokes about the Ashley Madison hack and his own experience in the field.
‘This is terrible news about Ashley Madison, please remove my profile immediately!!!’ al-Afghani jokes in a letter dated 21 July.
‘I’ll stick with Match.com even though you say it is for old people. There is no way I can do Tinder in here.’
Al-Afghani, who is accused of being a close associate of Osama bin Laden but has not been given a trial, made his foray into the ever-popular world of online dating after reading about the phenomenon in a magazine four years ago, Warner told Daily Mail Online.
With access to satellite television and newspapers, the Afghan detainee has become passionate about modern technology and popular culture beyond the confines of Camp 7.
‘I was visiting him a few years ago and, as always, brought him some magazines,’ Warner explains.
‘At the time online dating wasn’t as big as it is now, and he found it fascinating. He asked if we could set up a profile so I did.
‘We decided on two: Plenty Of Fish and Match.com. But Plenty Of Fish required too much classified information – date of birth, exact location. So we went with Match.com.
‘It’s obviously it’s a bit of satire and unfortunately he doesn’t have a trial or release date, but if he did he would certainly be responding to some of these matches.
‘I still get emails every day with matches from women in the Caribbean. He finds it very funny that some woman in Jamaica might be pining for him even though he’s open about the fact that he’s in Guantanamo.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- POLL: Does President Trump Need to Apologize to Gold Star Widow Myeshia Johnson?
- UNLEASHED: Jimmy Carter Goes After Hillary, Obama & Russia Scandal — Says Trump is…
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- WATCH: Jesse Jackson Compares Playing for NFL & NBA to ‘Picking Cotton’
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- Michelle Obama Claims People Don’t Like Her Because of ‘Her Skin Color’
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- WAR ON SPEECH CONTINUES: Conservative Commentator PEPPER SPRAYED At NYU — Professor Says Cops Should BEAT Up ‘Neo-Nazis’
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Black Gun Clubs and The Right To Bear Arms