Melania Trump sat down for her first one-on-one interview Wednesday morning eight months after her husband Donald first announced he was running for president.
The former model and potential future first lady spoke about everything from the constant attacks on her husband, his polarizing policy points and growing up in Slovenia before coming to America as an immigrant in the interview with Mika Brzezinski on Morning Joe.
She also brushed aside those who call her husband everything from a ‘demagogue’ and ‘vulgarian’ to a ‘racist,’ saying that the couple has ‘thick skin’ and attacking her husband’s critics for not giving him enough credit.
‘We have thick skin, and we know that people will judge him and people will call names,’ said Melania, who gave the interview inside her lavish and very golden New York City penthouse.
‘They don’t give him enough credit. From June that he announced, they don’t give him enough credit.’
Mika asked Melania, 45, how she felt about her husband’s stance on building a wall to keep out illegal immigrants and his potential ban on Muslims given the fact that she herself is an immigrant who came to the country from Slovenia.
‘I followed the law,’ said Melania.
‘I never thought to stay here without papers. I had a visa, I traveled every few months back to the country to Slovenia to stamp the visa. I came back, I applied for the green card, I applied for the citizenship later on after many years of green card.
‘So I went by system, I went by the law. And you should do that, you should not just say let me stay here and whatever happens, happens.’
Read more: Daily Mail
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Tries Peddling False Report on Buying an “AR-15 in Five Minutes”
- No Liberals, America is NOT the Worst Western Country When it Comes to Mass Shootings
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- One School has Armed Their Staff with Guns After Florida Shooting — Good Idea?
- Billy Graham’s Final Message to the World Before He Passed Away
- President Trump Believes Teachers Should be Armed to “Immediately” Shoot Sickos — Do You Agree?
- WATCH: Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon Just Performed the Most Epic Lip Sync Battle
- IT’S RACIST: CNN Anchor Calls for the Removal of the Jefferson Memorial Because…
- President Trump Hammers #MeToo Movement — Do You Agree With Him?
- Lutheran Church Celebrates Transgender Pastor’s Transition, Throws a ‘Renaming’ Ceremony
- Sex Robot Conference Proposes Child Sex Bots to ‘Cure’ Pedophilia
- Artist Who Painted Obama’s Portrait LOVES to Paint White Women Being Beheaded
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]