A federal judge in the district court of South Texas has ordered top officials with the Department of Homeland Security — including Sec. Jeh Johnson — to appear in person in his court in Brownsville next month to show why they should not be held in contempt for violating an injunction issued against President Obama’s executive amnesty order.
Andrew Hanen issued the rare order on Tuesday in the latest court filing for a lawsuit filed to halt President Obama’s executive amnesty order. Obama announced the action on Nov. 20. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, then the state’s attorney general, filed the suit on Dec. 3.
Hanen called the Obama administration’s response to his Feb. 16 injunction “unacceptable” and “unprofessional.” He also stated that he is “shocked and surprised at the cavalier attitude the Government has taken” towards it.
At issue is the federal government’s failure to clear up why DHS issued 2,000 work permits to illegal aliens even after the injunction was in place. The Justice Department made that announcement in May, but DHS and its sub-agencies have not yet explained why applications for the permits were approved.
Hanen says that the government must answer that question to his satisfaction by the end of the month or else appear in his court on Aug. 19.
Read more: dailycaller.com
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- NYC Terrorist Speaks: Christmas Decorations Inspired Him to Attack
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- Family of NYC Terrorist Speak Out — They are ‘Outraged’ by NY Police
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- Trump’s Public Statement on Roy Moore Loss and What This Defeat Means for Conservatives
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- ALLAH ADIOS! Muslim Migrants FINALLY Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- Photo Gallery
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- NYC Terrorist Akayed Ullah: ‘Trump You Failed to Protect Your Nation’
- New Muslim Barbie Comes Dressed in Hijab and Hatred Towards President Trump
- WATCH: Hundreds of Paratroopers Drop from Sky in Most Epic Display of ‘AMERICA’
- WATCH: Conceal Carry Reciprocity Bill Has Major Gun Control Bill Attached to it?
- ISIS Has Been Defeated
- REPORT: ‘Nasty Woman’ Throws Her Used TAMPON at a Police Officer
- PETA Director Attacks Single Mother Who Hunts to Feed Her Family