As thousands of African-Americans gathered at the National Mall to mark the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March, a female speaker led the massive crowd in a ‘down, down USA’ chant Saturday morning.
The unidentified Native American woman, who spoke briefly after Chief Ernie Longwalker of the Red Wind Nation, proclaimed that Muammar ‘Gaddafi is still alive.’
At one point while speaking, the woman held up what appeared to be a Black Panther Party t-shirt.
Before attempting to lead the crowd in a chant of ‘down, down USA,’ the woman also called for President Barack Obama to pardon Leonard Peltier, a Native American activist who was convicted of murdering two Federal Bureau of Investigation officers in 1975.
‘They have a whole race of indigenous people on reservations, concentration camps. They’re out there killing the indigenous people spiritually,’ she said.
Several users on Twitter who were watching the speech on C-SPAN were surprised about the Native American woman’s speech and chant.
‘Wait, did she just chant, ‘down, down, USA?’ one user tweeted.
As the day continued at the Million Man March, which called for changes in policing and in black communities, many people in the crowd could be seen waving flags, carrying signs and listening to other speeches and songs.
The crowd wove their way through security barricades and souvenir vendors at the U.S. Capitol and spread down the Mall on Saturday.
The families of several unarmed African-American men and women killed in encounters with police encouraged the crowd to continue to speak out against police misconduct.
The families asked the marchers not to forget the names of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin and Sandra Bland and not be silent about their deaths.
Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said: ‘We will not continue to stand by and not say anything anymore.’
Attention has been focused on the deaths of unarmed black men since the shootings of 17-year-old Martin in 2012 in Florida and 18-year-old Brown in 2014 in Ferguson, Missouri.
Authorities said Bland hanged herself in July in a Texas jail cell after a traffic stop, but her family disputes those findings.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- BREAKING: Terror Attack on Pedestrians, Mowed Down by Van — Terrorist Take Hostages at Gun Point
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Here are 30 Democrats that Should be in JAIL for Meeting with Russian Officials
- Clinton Secret Service Agent Drops BOMBSHELL on Hillary & Bill
- WATCH: Armed Black Panthers Chant These 4 Shocking Words Feet from Police
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Report: Government Workers Sold IDs to Illegal Aliens so They Could Vote
- EDEN: A True Story of Sex Slavery in Nevada
- Girl Describes Horrific Testimony of Escaping North Korea [WATCH]
- GOOD JOB DAD: Father Gave his College Daughter a Gun, Saves her Life During Home Invasion
- Steve Bannon Is Out From White House Position — Was He Fired?
- Black Panther Leader Babu Omowale Claims, We Want Our Own ‘BLACK NATION’