As thousands of African-Americans gathered at the National Mall to mark the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March, a female speaker led the massive crowd in a ‘down, down USA’ chant Saturday morning.
The unidentified Native American woman, who spoke briefly after Chief Ernie Longwalker of the Red Wind Nation, proclaimed that Muammar ‘Gaddafi is still alive.’
At one point while speaking, the woman held up what appeared to be a Black Panther Party t-shirt.
Before attempting to lead the crowd in a chant of ‘down, down USA,’ the woman also called for President Barack Obama to pardon Leonard Peltier, a Native American activist who was convicted of murdering two Federal Bureau of Investigation officers in 1975.
‘They have a whole race of indigenous people on reservations, concentration camps. They’re out there killing the indigenous people spiritually,’ she said.
Several users on Twitter who were watching the speech on C-SPAN were surprised about the Native American woman’s speech and chant.
‘Wait, did she just chant, ‘down, down, USA?’ one user tweeted.
As the day continued at the Million Man March, which called for changes in policing and in black communities, many people in the crowd could be seen waving flags, carrying signs and listening to other speeches and songs.
The crowd wove their way through security barricades and souvenir vendors at the U.S. Capitol and spread down the Mall on Saturday.
The families of several unarmed African-American men and women killed in encounters with police encouraged the crowd to continue to speak out against police misconduct.
The families asked the marchers not to forget the names of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin and Sandra Bland and not be silent about their deaths.
Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said: ‘We will not continue to stand by and not say anything anymore.’
Attention has been focused on the deaths of unarmed black men since the shootings of 17-year-old Martin in 2012 in Florida and 18-year-old Brown in 2014 in Ferguson, Missouri.
Authorities said Bland hanged herself in July in a Texas jail cell after a traffic stop, but her family disputes those findings.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- ‘Definitely Terrorism’: NYC Suicide Bomber Captured Alive [VIDEO]
- ALLAH ADIOS! Muslim Migrants FINALLY Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- REPORT: ‘Nasty Woman’ Throws Her Used TAMPON at a Police Officer
- WATCH: Obama Thanks Himself for Trump’s Growing Economy
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- BADASS: Bear Gets Into Bloody Fight With Wolves Over Deer Carcass–And The Winner Was…
- Not So Scary Now: Video Captures ISIS Militants Screaming Like Babies During Battle
- WATCH: Flag Burning Libtards Get The Full Wrath of an American Patriot–Fight Breaks Out
- Shady Lady Elizabeth Warren ‘Forgets’ to Disclose $1.3MIL Line of Credit Given to Her by…
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…
- ISIS Has Been Defeated
- POLL: Is It Time for Mueller to Resign?
- Watch: Charlize Theron is Making ‘Grown Men Cry’ Fighting Like a Girl for New ‘Atomic Blonde’ Movie