As thousands of African-Americans gathered at the National Mall to mark the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March, a female speaker led the massive crowd in a ‘down, down USA’ chant Saturday morning.
The unidentified Native American woman, who spoke briefly after Chief Ernie Longwalker of the Red Wind Nation, proclaimed that Muammar ‘Gaddafi is still alive.’
At one point while speaking, the woman held up what appeared to be a Black Panther Party t-shirt.
Before attempting to lead the crowd in a chant of ‘down, down USA,’ the woman also called for President Barack Obama to pardon Leonard Peltier, a Native American activist who was convicted of murdering two Federal Bureau of Investigation officers in 1975.
‘They have a whole race of indigenous people on reservations, concentration camps. They’re out there killing the indigenous people spiritually,’ she said.
Several users on Twitter who were watching the speech on C-SPAN were surprised about the Native American woman’s speech and chant.
‘Wait, did she just chant, ‘down, down, USA?’ one user tweeted.
As the day continued at the Million Man March, which called for changes in policing and in black communities, many people in the crowd could be seen waving flags, carrying signs and listening to other speeches and songs.
The crowd wove their way through security barricades and souvenir vendors at the U.S. Capitol and spread down the Mall on Saturday.
The families of several unarmed African-American men and women killed in encounters with police encouraged the crowd to continue to speak out against police misconduct.
The families asked the marchers not to forget the names of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin and Sandra Bland and not be silent about their deaths.
Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said: ‘We will not continue to stand by and not say anything anymore.’
Attention has been focused on the deaths of unarmed black men since the shootings of 17-year-old Martin in 2012 in Florida and 18-year-old Brown in 2014 in Ferguson, Missouri.
Authorities said Bland hanged herself in July in a Texas jail cell after a traffic stop, but her family disputes those findings.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Trump’s Travel Ban Reinstated by Supreme Court
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant