Republican presidential candidates Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina have been demoted to Thursday’s undercard debate, while Ohio Gov. John Kasich maintains a spot on this week’s main stage.
That will shrink the main stage from nine to seven candidates about two weeks ahead of when the first votes are cast. On the main debate stage will be: GOP front-runner Donald Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Kasich and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
The lineup for Thursday’s GOP debate in North Charleston, S.C. was unveiled on “Lou Dobbs Tonight.” The network didn’t inform candidates ahead of time about which polls would be used.
Paul told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer ahead of the announcement that he got a heads up from the network that he’d be demoted and said he wouldn’t participate in the undercard debate.
“I won’t participate in anything that’s not first tier,” he said. “I think an artificial designation being in the second tier.”
“It’s really a mistake,” the Kentucky senator said, adding that he’ll continue to campaign in Iowa and New Hampshire. “The thing is that the Republican Party needs a voice like mine.”
Read more: The Hill
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Report: NFL Refuses to Air Pro-Veteran Ad During Super Bowl Asking Fans to Stand
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- WHAT WOULD JESUS CARRY? Packing in Church
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless
- MSNBC Anchor Joy Reid Claims Media Favorability for Republicans is Only Reason Democrats Look Bad — Yup
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- NFL Star, Benjamin Watson, Delivers BRUTAL Truth Bombs About Blacks & Abortion
- ‘FCK DA POLICE’: #Ferguson Shooter’s Thug Life Proudly Displayed on Social Media