Dylann Roof, the man accused of killing nine people at a Charleston, South Carolina, church on Wednesday, has been charged with nine counts of homicide and possession of a firearm during commission of a violent crime, according to The Guardian.
Roof confessed to the crime, unnamed law enforcement officials told CNN Friday. MSNBC also reported that 21-year-old Roof had confessed, citing unnamed law enforcement officers as their source.
When reached by The Huffington Post Friday morning, Charleston Police spokesman Charles Francis declined to confirm a confession.
Roof was arrested on Thursday after a florist in Kings Mountain, North Carolina,noticed his vehicle and alerted police. He was taken into custody shortly afterwards in Shelby, North Carolina, more than 200 miles from Charleston.
Read more: Huffington Post
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Trump Plummets ‘Refugee’ Resettlement Numbers — Destroys Obama’s Goals
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Kids Raising Kids: Britain’s Youngest Parents are 12 and 13, but ‘Totally in Love’