Advocates for mass-migration are using skewed financial claims to smear Donald Trump’s popular border proposals, which actually would help revive the near-bankrupt Social Security and Medicare programs.
For every illegal migrant household that leaves the United States under Trump’s plan, Americans would recoup nearly three-quarters of a million dollars ($719,350), according to 2010 data collected by Heritage scholar Robert Rector.
The lifetime savings accrued from one deported illegal household would provide funds for 125 low-income inner city students to receive the maximum Pell Grant award in 2015-2016 ($5,775); it could cover the cost of pre-kindergarten for 90 at-risk children (around $8,000 per child); or it could cover the one year cost of Medicaid for 124 enrollees ($5,790 based on FY2011 data).
But business interests want the migrants to stay. That’s because migrants help lower the cost of Americans’ wages, but also because the migrants spend their wages — plus taxpayer aid — at retail stories and rental agencies.
For example, the American Action Forum (AAF), a business-backed pro-amnesty group, claims that legal costs and forced migration would spike the cost of Trump’s plan up to $300 billion to arrest and remove all illegal immigrants living in the United States. The AAF was founded by Fred Malek, who co-founded and chairs a hospitality investment company whose hotels employ many low skilled migrants.
AAF’s cost projections have been trumpeted by many in the mainstream media such as NBC and Fox News.
In reality, “a modest increase in enforcement (such as E-verify or visa tracking) would cause significant attrition in the illegal population– sending millions of illegals home on their own at no cost to the U.S. taxpayer.” said Jessica Vaughan, policy director at the non-partisan Center for Immigration Studies.
There’s good evidence for Vaughan’s argument. “Arizona’s population of unauthorized immigrants of working age fell by about 17 percent” in the course of a single year, after the state began to enforce E-verify, according to the Public Policy Institute of California.
The claim from Malek’s AAF also ignores the financial savings caused by the return of migrants to their home countries.
Read more: breitbart.com
- Marine Dakota Meyer Demolishes Transgender Navy SEALS Story…
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Alert: 18 ‘ISIS Fighters’ Have Been Executed in Libya
- Imran Awan Allegedly Steals House Democrats’ Laptops, is Arrested; DWS Fights With Capitol Police — This is Big
- Hollywood Freaks After Trump Declares No Transgendered People to Serve in Military: ‘You just pissed off the wrong community.’
- Criminal Complaint to be Filed Against Animal Rights Activists Who Threatened Huntress, Leading to Her Suicide
- Illegal Immigrant in New York Charged with Raping 12yr-Old Girl More than Once
- Chris Hemsworth Thinks a Woman Should be the New Bond…
- Gang of 4 Stalk 50yr-Old Woman, ‘Forced Her to Perform Oral Sex at Gunpoint’ [Video]
- ALERT: All US Army M1911 Handguns to be Transferred to Civilian Marksmanship Program in new Bill
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- Dude Goes on Streaking Rampage After Cutting Off His Penis While High on Drugs [Video]
- Michelle Obama Claims People Don’t Like Her Because of ‘Her Skin Color’
- Berkeley Middle School Teacher Yvette Felarca Arrested For Assault, Rioting At ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protest
- BREAKING: DC Transit Officer Involved with ISIS, Helped Them Get… UPDATE
- Busted: Chick Tries Framing Cop for Sexual Harassment, Then His Body-Cam Footage was Released
- Dear Parents: Would You Enroll Your Kids in a School That Teaches Them to Shoot, Gut and Cook Wild Animals?