An ex-aide to Russian President Vladimir Putin did not die of a heart attack in a Washington, D.C. hotel room last year as was previously reported but from “blunt force injuries of the head” as well as “the neck, torso, upper extremities, and lower extremities,” a spokesperson with the D.C. medical examiner’s office told The Daily Beast.
The medical examiner reported Mikhail Lesin’s “manner of death” is “undetermined.”
Almost immediately after Lesin’s body was discovered last November, the broadcasting outfit RT (Russia Today), widely seen as a Kremlin mouthpiece, reported that Lesin died of a heart attack, citing an unnamed “family member.”
For months, Washington authorities said the case was still under investigation, though they had performed an autopsy, and declined to disclose the official cause of death—an unusual delay.
But the news that Lesin died of multiple, violent injuries is certain to raise questions about whether the former propaganda chief for the Russian government was murdered. When police found Lesin’s body, the most interesting question wasn’t the cause of his demise, but what he was doing in the United States in the first place.
Lesin, one of the founding fathers of RT and nicknamed “the bulldozer” for his history of rolling over his opposition, had been under scrutiny by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Justice Department for potential money laundering and violation of anti-corruption laws. Lesin was suspected of hiding ill-gotten gains in nearly $30 million worth of luxury real estate in southern California, an astounding set of assets for a man supposedly collecting a civil servant’s salary. He’d also been considered for sanctions that would have prevented him from obtaining a visa to enter the U.S.
Read more: The Daily Beast
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Anti-Trump Protester Shot in Groin With Tear-Gas Canister During Phoenix Rally [Video]
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- State Senator Who Called for Trump Assassination is Kicked Out of…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Bust… A Move? 92yr-Old Woman and Police Officer Have a Dance Off [Watch]
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600
- VIDEO: Funny Man Jim Carrey Not So Funny Anymore — ‘Cold Dead Hand’ Music Video Mocs Gun Owners
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- Trump’s Border Wall Gets Full Funding with $1.6BIL Price-Tag
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…