The legal showdown over U.S. demands that Apple Inc AAPL.O unlock an iPhone used by San Bernardino shooter Rizwan Farook might have been avoided if his employer, which owns the device, had equipped it with special mobile phone software it issues to many workers.
San Bernardino County, which employed Farook as an environmental health inspector, requires some, but not all, of its workers to install mobile-device management software made by Silicon Valley-based MobileIron Inc MOBL.O on government-issued phones, according to county spokesman David Wert.
That software is designed to secure corporate data. It also allows information technology departments to remotely unlock phones, even without assistance of the phone’s users or access to the password needed to open the phone and unscramble the data.
“If that particular iPhone was using MobileIron, the county’s IT department could unlock it,” MobileIron Vice President Ojas Rege told Reuters.
The problem is that the MobileIron software was not installed on Farook’s phone because his department did not use it. “The app was not installed on that device,” Wert said.
Read more: kfgo.com
- CNN Reporter Claims School Shooting Survivor Colton Haab is a Liar
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Thinking Past Step 1: Other Policy Changes to Improve School Security
- Nurse Caught on Camera Laughing as WWII Vet Dies Gasping for Breath
- Report: Father ‘Chained His Twin Daughters in Home, Raped Them and Fathered Their Children’
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- VIDEO: Texas High School Plans on Suspending Students Protesting Gun Rights
- BLUBBER BUTT MOORE: #MichaelMoore Demands America to ‘Disarm the Police’
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Still Believes ‘Macho Atmosphere’ & ‘Sexism’ is Why Hillary Clinton Lost
- Artist Who Painted Obama’s Portrait LOVES to Paint White Women Being Beheaded
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Man Claims He is a ‘9yr-Old Trapped’ in a Man’s Body After Being Arrested for Sexually Assaulting Children
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?