A girl as young as 12 was among almost 150 children rescued from pimps by the FBI in a nationwide sting on human trafficking.
The crackdown, dubbed Operation Cross Country saw 153 human traffickers arrested in sweeps of hotels, casinos and truck stops across 135 cities across the U.S.
The raids were among the biggest carried out by the FBI so far and saw 149 children freed from pimps. Among the victims were three boys and three transgender minors.
Last year, more than 3,500 sex trafficking cases were reported to the National Human Trafficking Resource Center.
Under federal law, anyone under the age of 18 induced into commercial sex is a victim of sex trafficking – regardless of whether the trafficker uses force.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump