A 32-year-old Chicago man was indicted on federal gun charges last week, about three months after buying two firearms from an undercover agent, the Justice Department said Thursday.
Lazaro Salas, a known gang member, has been charged with dealing guns without a license and being a felon in possession of a firearm. Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrested him in January. If convicted, he could face up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
According to court documents, authorities set up the buy after they were tipped off by a confidential informant, who acted as a straw buyer providing Salas between 40 and 60 guns from September 2013 to November 2015. Salas would resell the guns and at least two of them were recovered by the Chicago Police Department from crime scenes involving members of other gangs.
Read more: Guns.com
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Trump Plummets ‘Refugee’ Resettlement Numbers — Destroys Obama’s Goals
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- North Korea Claims They’re the ‘Victim’ in Otto Warmbier’s Death