There is much more to the story of Hasna Ait Boulahcen, the woman blamed for being “Western Europe’s first female suicide bomber,” than previously understood.
Police authorities in France announced on Friday that she may not have been a suicide bomber at all.
The woman killed after a police raid on an apartment in suburban Paris targeting the alleged ringleader of the Paris attacks did not die in a suicide bombing, police officials said Friday.
Prosecutors said following Wednesday’s raid in Saint-Denis, north of the capital, that Hasna Aitboulahcen had detonated a suicide vest and died in the assault. But police now believe that the suicide bomber was a man, not a woman.
The identity of the homicide bombing suspect was not revealed, only the description that it was a man.
The news development throws into light further questions about the woman who was believed to be a rapid convert to Islamist extremism.
Witnesses near the dilapidated apartment in the Saint-Denis district of Paris where the bombing took place told authorities Boulahcen yelled “Help me!” repeatedly just prior to the bomb going off, brutally killing her and a police dog named Diesel.
Read more: IJReview
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- WATCH: Mariah Carey Caught Lip Syncing During NYE Performance–Storms Off Stage, But Not Before She Said This…
- PRO GUN WIN: See How this Judge Just Changed the Game for Gun Owners
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Nikolas Cruz was Member of White Supremacist Militia — UPADET, Police Find No Link
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall