The Pentagon is ordering the top brass to incorporate climate change into virtually everything they do, from testing weapons to training troops to war planning to joint exercises with allies.
A new directive’s theme: The U.S. Armed Forces must show “resilience” and beat back the threat based on “actionable science.”
It says the military will not be able to maintain effectiveness unless the directive is followed. It orders the establishment of a new layer of bureaucracy — a wide array of “climate change boards, councils and working groups” to infuse climate change into “programs, plans and policies.”
The Pentagon defines resilience to climate change as: “Ability to anticipate, prepare for, and adapt to changing conditions and withstand, respond to, and recover rapidly from disruptions.”
To four-star generals and admirals, among them the regional combatant commanders who plan and fight the nation’s wars, the directive tells them: “Incorporate climate change impacts into plans and operations and integrate DoD guidance and analysis in Combatant Command planning to address climate change-related risks and opportunities across the full range of military operations, including steady-state campaign planning and operations and contingency planning.”
The directive, “Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience,” is in line with President Obama’s view that global warming is the country’s foremost national security threat, or close to it. Mr. Obama says there is no debate on the existence of man-made global warming and its ensuing climate change. Supporters of this viewpoint label as “deniers” any scientists who disagree.
But there are stubborn doubters. A climate center in Colorado has said its researchers looked at decades of weather reports and concluded there has been no uptick in storms. The United Nations came to a similar finding, saying there is not enough evidence to confirm an increase in droughts and floods.
A previous Pentagon report on climate change attributed Super Storm Sandy to climate change.
Dakota Wood, a retired Marine Corps officer and U.S. Central Command planner, said the Pentagon is introducing climate change, right down to military tactics level.
“By equating tactical actions of immediate or short-term utility with large-scale, strategic-level issues of profound importance, the issue of climate change and its potential impact on national security interests is undermined,” he said. “People tend to dismiss the whole, what might be truly important, because of all the little silly distractions that are included along the way.”
Read more: The Washington Times
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Alert: 18 ‘ISIS Fighters’ Have Been Executed in Libya
- Dude Goes on Streaking Rampage After Cutting Off His Penis While High on Drugs [Video]
- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Staffer Tries Fleeing Country After FBI Seize Bashed in Hard Drives
- Fast & Furious Eric Holder Attacks Trump for Corruption
- FBI Grabs Smashed Hard Drives from Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Aides
- Female Hunter Commits Suicide After Being Threatened by Animal Rights Activists
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Sessions, Priebus Soon to be Fired According to Trump Confidante
- Imam in America Prays for Complete ‘Annihilation’ of Jews, ‘Down To The Very Last One’
- Illegal Immigrant in New York Charged with Raping 12yr-Old Girl More than Once
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Trump Says ‘ObamaCare is torturing the American People’ as Republicans Head to Senate on Repeal Vote, With Surprise Attendance from McCain
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- POLL: Who Looks Hotter, Michelle Obama or This Toilet?