By M.A. Navarro
A team of cartel gunmen recently ambushed a squad of Mexican federal police officers near this Mexican city. The ambush turned into a pursuit and eventually a rescue effort as law enforcement officials searched for some of their missing comrades.
Members of the intelligence division from Mexico’s Federal Police were ambushed last week as they travelled along the Ciudad Mante to Tampico highway near the Maclovio Herrera highway. The officers were overwhelmed by the sheer number of cartel gunmen in the ambush and were forced to flee requesting backup from fellow agents via radio. The gunmen are believed to be part of a Gulf Cartel strike team called Puma which appeared to not want to take any prisoners during the ambush. Federal agents were forced to go into hiding. The cops ditched their vehicles and ran into the brush.
A group of federal police officers led by an officer identified as Sub-Inspector Alanis responded in a five truck convoy from a nearby location and used the Global Positioning System that police vehicles were equipped with in order to track down the ditched SUV.
Read more: Breitbart
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- WATCH: Mariah Carey Caught Lip Syncing During NYE Performance–Storms Off Stage, But Not Before She Said This…
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Nikolas Cruz was Member of White Supremacist Militia — UPADET, Police Find No Link
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall