Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson will end his presidential bid, saying that Super Tuesday’s election results left him with no “political path forward.”
The announcement marks the closing chapter of a run that showed flashes of promise and fundraising prowess, but suffered a steep fall after Carson’s lack of fluency on foreign policy issues became glaring.
“I do not see a political path forward in light of last evening’s Super Tuesday primary results,” Carson said in the statement.
Armstrong Williams, a longtime Carson confidant, said the retired neurosurgeon doesn’t intend to endorse any of his rivals and has no interest in a bid for any other political office. Rather, he said, he’ll likely enter the world of policy advocacy on issues ranging from education to the national debt.
“I’m sure he won’t support anyone. He will support the eventual nominee,” Williams said.
Williams also emphasized that Carson isn’t quitting the race at the urging of any of his rivals or as part of a bargain. Reports floating around Tuesday night hinted that he had been offered support for a Senate bid in exchange for his departure from the race, but Williams said Carson was not interested.
Read more: Politico
- New York: MS-13 Announces Head Hunt on Police in Wanna-Be Sanctuary State, ‘Take Out a Cop’
- U.S., Mexico Border: Caravan of Refugees Show Up, Asking for Asylum
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- BREAKING: Massive Gun Grab is About to Rock 4.2 Million Social Security Recipients’ World
- David Hogg’s Newest “Boycott” Immediately Shutdown by Pro-Gun Activist Kyle Kashuv
- Lindsey Graham: Russia Probe to be ‘Considered a CRIMINAL Investigation’
- Barbara Bush Hating Professor: ‘Why I Can’t Stand White Belly Dancers’
- Bill Clinton: NY Times and Trump Colluded to Defeat Hillary
- Illinois: County Declares Itself ‘Sanctuary County’ for Gun Owners
- WATCH: Dude PUNCHES Chick in the Face — Was it Justified?
- WATCH: Obama JOKES About Scalia’s Death
- Will You Sign? Jimmy Kimmel Boycott has Over 150,000 Signatures — All Started When Kimmel Mocked FLOTUS
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- EXPOSED: Trump ‘Groping’ Claims DEBUNKED By The Details–Spread The Word!
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?