Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham is dropping out of the presidential race.
“While we have run a campaign that has made a real difference, I have concluded this is not my time,” he said in a statement Monday.
“I am suspending my campaign but never my commitment to achieving security through strength for the American people,” he said.
Graham, who first told CNN of his decision in an interview, faced a deadline Monday to be removed from the GOP primary ballot in his home state of South Carolina. Graham has been mired at the bottom of polls – both nationally and in his home state – and could have faced an embarrassing showing in the state’s February primary.
In the CNN interview, Graham said it was “the joy of my life” to run for president. He did not disclose which Republican candidate he plans to endorse but noted that Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush “get it” when it comes to foreign policy.
A supporter of comprehensive immigration reform and an aggressive interventionist foreign policy, Graham never gained traction as a presidential candidate despite his extensive national security experience and the quick wit he displayed on the campaign trail.
Read more: NBC News
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”
- DEAR AMERICA: Do You Agree Trump Should Dismantle the Iran Deal?
- WATCH: Trump Humiliates BBC Reporter After Her ‘Hard Hitting’ Question and it’s EPIC!
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case