Two volunteer firefighters have been suspended for rushing an 18-month-old girl suffering seizures to hospital in a fire engine.
Captain James Kelley and Sgt. Virgil Bloom had been the first to respond to reports of a young child suffering a seizure at a McDonald’s restaurant in Fredericksburg, Virginia, on Saturday February 27.
Kelley immediately called to see how long medical back-up would take but was informed that the nearest ambulance was at least ten minutes away, Fox 5 reports.
Realizing every second was crucial in a medical emergency, the volunteer firefighter made the decision to put the girl on oxygen and transport her to the hospital in the fire engine.
Read more: Daily Mail
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- WATCH: David Hogg Attacks Gun Owners in Profanity Laced Rant
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Meet the Hero School Resource Officer Who Shot Down Maryland Gunman
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- SHARK BAIT: Great White Shark Feeds Just Feet from Cape Cod Shore [WATCH]
- DRUNK DRIVER OR TERRORIST? 28 Badly Injured After Man Plows Car Through New Orleans Parade
- BREAKING: Thug Kills Omaha Police Officer, Who Gave Birth Days Before, During Shoot Out
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- PayPal Founder at RNC: Who Cares About Bathrooms, ‘Fake Culture Wars Only DISTRACT Us from Our ECONOMIC DECLINE’
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- YouTube is Banning Gun Content in an Effort to Push Gun-Control