The two female soldiers who will become the first ever to graduate from the Army’s elite Ranger School this week have been identified.
For more than 120 days, 1st Lt Kristen Griest and Capt Shaye Haver, hauled packs carrying 100 pounds through the rugged mountains of northern Georgia and the swamps of the Florida panhandle – while getting by on precious little food and sleep.
Both of them West Point graduates, began the rigorous course in April along with 380 men and 17 other women as part of the first class to include women.
Griest, a 26-year-old military police officer from Orange, Connecticut, and Haver, a 25-year-old Apache helicopter pilot from Copperas Cove, Texas, will get their Ranger Tabs alongside 94 male counterparts in a Georgia ceremony on Friday in Fort Benning.
Daily Mail Online attempted to reach out to the families of both women but did not receive a response.
Haver, graduated from a Texas high school in 2008, sharing a class with Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, according to the Copperas Cove Herald. She was a cross-country runner at the school, and received a scholarship to attend West Point through ROTC.
Griest, who has ran competitively at West Point, has already been selected for promotion to captain. She was the distinguished honor graduate last December in a preparatory pre-Ranger School course run by her unit, the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, the Washington Post reported.
The women are the only two females to complete the Ranger School to date and were first identified by the Washington Post – but they have more grueling challenges ahead of them.
The military services are poised to allow women to serve in most front-line combat jobs, including special operations forces, senior officials said.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- A Furious Mike Pence Takes on McCain After Senator Saved Obamacare [WATCH]
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Japan Prepares for Mass Evacuation as Kim Jong-un Becomes More Unhinged
- Kimg Jong-un Replies to Trump: Plans to “Tame” the President with “Fire”
- The Female Celebrities Go on Attack: Anyone Who is a Trump Supporter, Especially Women, Should…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: What Cops Have Discovered in Death of Eric Bolling’s Son
- BYE-BYE: UC Berkeley Loses Major Donor, Says It’s ‘For My Safety’
- Hillary Clinton is ‘Done With Being a Candidate’
- WATCH: US Open Champion Sloane Stephens When Asked if She has New ‘Hunger’ to Win More Games Gives Hilarious Answer — Endorses Capitalism
- DANG: Black Trump Girls are Bullied by MSNBC and Their Comeback is HILARIOUS [Video]
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Not So Sharp: Masked Robbers Attempt to Hold Up Bar Filled With Policemen
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”