The two female soldiers who will become the first ever to graduate from the Army’s elite Ranger School this week have been identified.
For more than 120 days, 1st Lt Kristen Griest and Capt Shaye Haver, hauled packs carrying 100 pounds through the rugged mountains of northern Georgia and the swamps of the Florida panhandle – while getting by on precious little food and sleep.
Both of them West Point graduates, began the rigorous course in April along with 380 men and 17 other women as part of the first class to include women.
Griest, a 26-year-old military police officer from Orange, Connecticut, and Haver, a 25-year-old Apache helicopter pilot from Copperas Cove, Texas, will get their Ranger Tabs alongside 94 male counterparts in a Georgia ceremony on Friday in Fort Benning.
Daily Mail Online attempted to reach out to the families of both women but did not receive a response.
Haver, graduated from a Texas high school in 2008, sharing a class with Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, according to the Copperas Cove Herald. She was a cross-country runner at the school, and received a scholarship to attend West Point through ROTC.
Griest, who has ran competitively at West Point, has already been selected for promotion to captain. She was the distinguished honor graduate last December in a preparatory pre-Ranger School course run by her unit, the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, the Washington Post reported.
The women are the only two females to complete the Ranger School to date and were first identified by the Washington Post – but they have more grueling challenges ahead of them.
The military services are poised to allow women to serve in most front-line combat jobs, including special operations forces, senior officials said.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Alert: 18 ‘ISIS Fighters’ Have Been Executed in Libya
- Dude Goes on Streaking Rampage After Cutting Off His Penis While High on Drugs [Video]
- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Staffer Tries Fleeing Country After FBI Seize Bashed in Hard Drives
- Fast & Furious Eric Holder Attacks Trump for Corruption
- FBI Grabs Smashed Hard Drives from Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Aides
- Female Hunter Commits Suicide After Being Threatened by Animal Rights Activists
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Sessions, Priebus Soon to be Fired According to Trump Confidante
- Imam in America Prays for Complete ‘Annihilation’ of Jews, ‘Down To The Very Last One’
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Chick Kills Her 14yr-Old Sister While Driving Under Influence and Live Streams it, ‘I killed my sister, but I don’t care.’ [Video]
- Sean Spicer is Out: Quits Job as Press Secretary and is Replaced by…
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- Starbucks Customer Nails Armed Robber with Chair and Saves the Day [Watch]
- Holy Sh*t: Kurdish Female Fighter Narrowly Escapes Sniper Shot
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Trump Says ‘ObamaCare is torturing the American People’ as Republicans Head to Senate on Repeal Vote, With Surprise Attendance from McCain