Two people of Syrian origin have been arrested in Geneva on suspicion of transporting ‘explosives and toxic gases’ as part of a probe into a terror threat.
The two suspects are accused of the ‘manufacture, concealment and transport of explosives and toxic gases’, the federal prosecutor’s office said in a statement.
They are also under suspicion of violating Swiss law prohibiting ‘groups like Al-Qaeda, Islamic State and similar organisations’, it added.
Both men were arrested yesterday on the road outside Cologny, a municipality in the canton of Geneva yesterday with police confirming they found traces of explosives inside the car.
The western city has remained on high alert due to an increased jihadist threat in Switzerland, with added security personnel making careful chats on vehicles.
Geneva’s public prosecutor has announced a news conference for later today with no confirmation yet of the chemicals found in the car.
Read more: Daily Mail
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- UNLEASHED: Jimmy Carter Goes After Hillary, Obama & Russia Scandal — Says Trump is…
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- POLL: Does President Trump Need to Apologize to Gold Star Widow Myeshia Johnson?
- Meet the Liberal Behind $10 MILLION Impeachment Plan Against Trump
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- HuffPo Writer Claims Trump Needs to be EXECUTED Because Impeachment is No Longer Enough
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Colin Kaepernick Claims All 32 NFL Teams are ‘Conspiring Against Him’ — Files Grievance
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse