Two people of Syrian origin have been arrested in Geneva on suspicion of transporting ‘explosives and toxic gases’ as part of a probe into a terror threat.
The two suspects are accused of the ‘manufacture, concealment and transport of explosives and toxic gases’, the federal prosecutor’s office said in a statement.
They are also under suspicion of violating Swiss law prohibiting ‘groups like Al-Qaeda, Islamic State and similar organisations’, it added.
Both men were arrested yesterday on the road outside Cologny, a municipality in the canton of Geneva yesterday with police confirming they found traces of explosives inside the car.
The western city has remained on high alert due to an increased jihadist threat in Switzerland, with added security personnel making careful chats on vehicles.
Geneva’s public prosecutor has announced a news conference for later today with no confirmation yet of the chemicals found in the car.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- Watch: Feminist Wants to Ban the Word “Man” — Tucker Has His Fun
- BREAKING: Thug Kills Omaha Police Officer, Who Gave Birth Days Before, During Shoot Out
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- 20,000 Leaked E-mails Show How DNC & Hillary SCREWED Bernie Sanders
- WATCH: Here We Find a Liberal Female in Her Natural Habitat… Pooping for ‘Justice’
- Military Parade to Occur on Veterans Day — Liberals Already Whining