A former ambassador to Kenya who was fired when Hillary Clinton was in charge of the State Department on Sunday accused Clinton of benefitting from a double-standard when it came to using personal email for official business.
Scott Gration, a former air force general who flew hundreds of sorties over Iraq, spoke to CNN from Kenya about his disappointment at losing his “dream job” as ambassador, saying: “As I look back, it does seem a bit unfair.
“It does appear that there was a different standard that was used in my case and was used in hers,” Gration said.
Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell, meanwhile, said Clinton’s use of personal email could have represented a security breach.
“I am a little bit worried about the security of those emails, they could have been prime targets for a cyber attack,” McConnell told CBS. “I don’t know what the legal picture is.”
Republican congressman Trey Gowdy, who is leading a House investigation into alleged State Department mishandling of the 2012 attacks on US outposts in Benghazi, Libya, expressed concern that Clinton’s use of a personal email service would prevent his panel from obtaining key emails pertaining to the attacks.
“I don’t want everything,” Gowdy said on CBS. “I just want everything related to Libya and Benghazi.”
Read more: theguardian.com
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- Democrat Behind Slain Soldier Controversy, ‘I’m a Rockstar Now’ [VIDEO]
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- Actress Jessica Chastain: Hollywood Rallies Against Trump, But Ignores ‘Sexual Predators In Our Offices’
- Muslim Woman Linda Sarsour Shouts: ‘Muslims Should Not Assimilate’ – Fighting Trump ‘Form of Jihad’ [Watch]
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- CONFIRMED: FBI Says Comey Did Draft Letter On Clinton Before Completing the Investigation