By Bob Owens
Oh, dear. Facebook has banned “gun sales” on its social media platform and photo-sharing site Instagram.
The simple fact of the matter is that this is nothing more or less than gun control theater, full of sound and fury, signifying very little, and may actually work in favor of gun rights.
“Online gun sales” were always a red herring. They simply do not exist, and never have. Here’s why.
- Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Pintrest and other social media sites are just beginning to add payment functionality. Previously, you could not directly purchase any item via any of these sites, much less firearms.
- These sites only provided communications for offline, real-world transactions, the way Craig’s List does, or links off-site to another Web site with payment/cart functionality.
- Those sites with payment/cart functionality are almost exclusively Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs), who can take our money online and facilitate a firearms transfer (and remain unaffected by the Facebook rule change).
- Except for very rare and narrow range of exceptions, those FFL transfers must go to another FFL, who then will require the purchaser to show up in-person, with government-issued photo ID, fill out an ATF Form 4473, and undergo an FBI NICS background check before taking possession of a firearm.
Read more: Bearing Arms
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- The Key to Basic Handgun Training? K.I.S.S. [Watch]
- All You Need To Know About “Assault” Rifles