France: Terror Memorial Service Interrupted by Man Wielding MACHETE–Was Planning…

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 6.59.11 PMHasn’t France had enough terror scares for a lifetime? This needs to stop ASAP.

A man wielding a huge machete-like blade was arrested last night at a vigil for victims of the Nice attack.

Terrified mourners drew back in horror as police quickly apprehended the man and secured the hooked 18 inch weapon.

Eyewitnesses last night said that although the man did not make to attack any of the locals who had been gathering, the arrest had added to the still tense atmosphere.

France has declared three days of national mourning following the atrocity, which comes after attacks in November in Paris in which 130 died and in January 2015 that killed 17.

A vigil was also taking place at Nice Cathedral on Friday night.

Mr Hollande said: “France has been hit by a tragedy once again. This monstrosity of using a lorry to deliberately kill people, many people, who only came out to celebrate their national day.

“France is in tears. It is hurting but it is strong, and she will be strong, always stronger than the fanatics who wish to hurt us.”

Eyewitnesses said the Nice attacker – reported to be 31-year-old Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, a man of French-Tunisian origin not known to intelligence services – swerved from side to side to kill as many people as possible as he drove for a mile along the Promenade des Anglais on the seafront of the city on the French Riviera.

He is said to have pulled a gun from the cab as part of the premeditated attack before being shot dead by police, with people fleeing into the sea in a bid to escape.

French authorities tonight confirmed 202 people were wounded, 25 of whom are on life support, while 52 are in a critical condition.

Revellers in the resort initially thought the commotion was part of a celebratory firework display, but then saw the lorry and assumed the driver had lost control.

Irish barman Robert Greene, from Coolock in Dublin, was around three metres from the bloody carnage and spoke of the devastation.

Clearly shaken by the incident, he told the Press Association: “I saw this truck and he cut through three or four people, he was already missing the bumper. It was horrific.

“A woman dropped to her knees, someone in her family had been killed, just lying there. There was not even a thing anyone could do, there was no CPR, bits of him were lying around.

“It was horrific.”

The barman added: “There was a young child’s plastic tricycle, smashed up and left in bits.

Share Your Comments
Trending Now on GJWHG