American train hero Spencer Stone was stabbed trying to protect a girl who was getting punched by her boyfriend, it was claimed last night.
Eyewitness Eric Cain revealed Wednesday night’s stabbing in Sacramento was over a girl who then fled the scene – with the two suspects.
The mystery woman, apparently dressed in ‘pants and a tank top’ can be seen getting into the getaway car with the two men in new security camera footage released by police last night.
A 24-year-old woman – thought to be the same one – was treated for minor injuries after the brawl.
Cain, 38, who was working at A&P Liquor store at 21st and K Street on Wednesday night, and saw the argument and ensuing fight happen, told Daily Mail Online: ‘It looked like Spencer was defending her.
‘I figured it was a girlfriend thing, I saw this girl get hit and then the whole fight, I figured it was a girlfriend dispute or something like that.
‘I thought the girl was with him the whole time, the way he looked like he was defending her. And then she ends up leaving with the guys [who stabbed him].’
Police were called to K Street at 12.46am after a member of the public alerted them to the fight.
The 23-year-old U.S. airman, who bravely tackled a terrorist gunman aboard a Paris-bound train over the summer leading to him and his two friends being hailed as heroes was today in a serious but stable condition at hospital.
The brawl was caught on A&P Liquor’s security camera in footage released publicly by police yesterday in a bid to catch the attackers.
Deputy Police Chief Ken Bernard earlier described the near fatal fight as part of a ‘very unfortunate altercation between two groups of folks who were enjoying the nightlife’ in Sacramento’s midtown area.
Stone is said to have been enjoying a night out with three female and one male friend and had been at Badlands dance club just down the road.
Although the club is mostly gay, Wednesday night is known as ‘straight night’.
Bernard said the assault may have been related to a ‘nightclub incident’ earlier in the evening.
He emphasized the stabbing was ‘not related to terrorism in any way’ and that Stone’s attackers may not even have known he was famous.
The airman was stabbed in the torso and underwent surgery in UC Davis hospital intensive care unit.
Before the fight started there was a group of about eight people arguing for about five to ten minutes.
The woman who ended up fleeing with the suspects got hit twice, according to Eric. He said: ‘She got hit twice, and that was mainly what I saw started the fight.
‘She got punched first out here (in the street) and then she got punched right after he got stabbed.
‘He (Spencer) was right in the middle of it first time she got knocked. First time she got punched, she didn’t get punched that hard.
‘She got in the middle of it too, she started hitting one of the Asian guys, She was part of the fight.
‘I don’t know if he got in the middle of a domestic dispute or something?
‘The main people that were in the fight were the two Asian guys and Spencer and the girl was in the middle of it. They were the only ones really fighting.
‘I don’t know if she was trying to stop it or if she was instigating it.
‘The second time she was hit she got punched in the face. You can see it right on the tape after he got stabbed, if you look at her you can see she totally gets knocked.’
Describing the men involved, Eric said: ‘There was one taller Asian dude and one skinnier, shorter Asian dude and the taller Asian dude is the one that hit her. The shorter one was the one that stabbed Spencer I guess.’
Eric was stunned when he saw the woman get in a ‘dark sedan’ getaway car with the men who had abused her and stabbed Spencer.
He said: ‘The girl he was sticking up for left with the guys that stabbed him.’
Just before she fled with them Eric saw the woman kick a moving taxi in frustration.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- BREAKING: Terror Attack on Pedestrians, Mowed Down by Van — Terrorist Take Hostages at Gun Point
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- White House Fact Sheet: How Trump and Sessions Have Combated Lawless Sanctuary Cities
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Obama Breaks Silence–5 Worded Response on Charlotte RIOTS Will Have You Dropping Your Jaw [SHOCKING]
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?