Prolonged receipt of government assistance can breed dependence and drain vital resources from the public coffer. The state of Arizona, for instance, now faces a $1 billion deficit because of entitlement spending run amok.
“We had dug ourselves into a hole, and you can’t build anything on a hole,” state Sen. Kelli Ward explained to reporters.
The key therefore is to fill the hole, which is exactly why the Arizona legislature just passed a bill that reduced the state’s lifetime limit for welfare benefits from two years to one.
This made Arizona’s lifetime welfare limit the most stringent in the nation. In fact, most states offered a ridiculous limit of five years, meaning welfare recipients could leech off the system for half a decade.
According to Yahoo News, the change was expected to drop a minimum of 1,600 families from the public dole by July 1, 2016. It will also help the state save $4 million per year.
The bill allows for exceptions to be granted for those who show good reason why they cannot work to support themselves.
Read more: conservativetribune.com
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- ‘Nails and Shrapnel’: Bomb Headed to Austin Explodes at FedEx
- PETA Bounty: Alleged Frenchman Kicks Squirrel into Grand Canyon, PETA Places $16K Bounty on His Head
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Barbra Streisand: I’m No #MeToo Victim, I Was Never Sexually Harassed
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- HOUSE REPORT: War on ISIS is NOT Going Well, Government LIED so Obama Would Look Good
- Muslim Chick Urges to ‘Stand Together’ While Wearing Burka with Pistol, Grenade, Blade, Machine Gun That Spelled Out…
- VIDEO: Donald Hits Back at CNN–‘The CLINTON News Network’
- WATCH: Idiot Writer Claims Americans Have NEVER Used Guns To Protect…
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens