Prolonged receipt of government assistance can breed dependence and drain vital resources from the public coffer. The state of Arizona, for instance, now faces a $1 billion deficit because of entitlement spending run amok.
“We had dug ourselves into a hole, and you can’t build anything on a hole,” state Sen. Kelli Ward explained to reporters.
The key therefore is to fill the hole, which is exactly why the Arizona legislature just passed a bill that reduced the state’s lifetime limit for welfare benefits from two years to one.
This made Arizona’s lifetime welfare limit the most stringent in the nation. In fact, most states offered a ridiculous limit of five years, meaning welfare recipients could leech off the system for half a decade.
According to Yahoo News, the change was expected to drop a minimum of 1,600 families from the public dole by July 1, 2016. It will also help the state save $4 million per year.
The bill allows for exceptions to be granted for those who show good reason why they cannot work to support themselves.
Read more: conservativetribune.com
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Actors Blame Trump for Hawaii False Alarm — Jim Carrey “We are headed for suffering beyond all imagination.”
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Parents Shackled Thirteen Children to Bed — Starving Them and Forcing to Recite the Bible
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- 22 U.S. States Have Passed “Bring Your Gun to Work” Laws
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- New ‘Sanctuary State’ Signs Posted on California Highways Perfectly Describe the Idiocy of the New Law
- INSANE: Cops Kill Puppy that was Walking Away From Them [VIDEO]
- Report: Research Firm Who Made Fake Trump Dossier Admits They Used McCain on Purpose
- Robert de Niro Loses His Mind in Speech: President Trump is a ‘F***ing Fool,’ ‘F***ing Idiot’ [Watch]
- POWERFUL: Cop Stands in the Place of Student’s Deceased Parents at Graduation
- WATCH: Reporter Asks Hillary About Wikileaks Dump on Morocco Money–What She Said Will SHOCK You
- Watch: Chelsea Manning is Running for Senate and the Campaign Ad Will Make You Cry with Laughter