A German Islamist who fought with Islamic State has been telling the German authorities that the terrorist group is actively planning attacks in Germany and Europe. The man added that the jihadist organization is aggressively trying to swell its numbers.
Harry S. was arrested in Bremen on July 20 after fleeing Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) and returning home to Germany, saying that he could no longer tolerate the group’s violence. Since then, he has been providing the authorities with vital and shocking information about the terrorist group, Spiegel Online reports.
The 27-year-old spent around three months with IS. His lawyer Udo Wurtz says now “he wants to come clean.”
Harry S. arrived in Syria in the spring and later stayed not far from the terror group’s de-facto capital, Raqqa. During his time in the country, he says he heard people frequently talking about carrying out terrorist attacks in Europe. “They want something that happens everywhere at the same time,” he said, as cited by Spiegel Online.
On November 17, just days after the Paris attacks, which killed 130 people, a potential disaster was averted following a tip-off from French intelligence. A football stadium in Hannover, Germany was evacuated just an hour and a half before Germany were due to host the Netherlands in a friendly match, with Chancellor Angela Merkel due to attend. An ambulance full of explosives was found near the ground.
The son of Ghanaian immigrant parents, the 27-year-old became radicalized whilst in prison. Upon his release, he attended a mosque and became part of a Salafist group that sent at least 16 adults and 11 children to Syria in 2014. Despite being under surveillance and having surrendered his passport, Harry S. was still able to make it to the Turkish-Syrian border, where he was met by people who took him to IS.
He mentioned that life was tough while training to become an IS fighter, which included sit-ups, hours of standing in the sun and forced marches lasting the entire day. He added that those who were unable to complete the tasks were locked up or beaten, while he was also told to sleep with his Kalashnikov rifle, which he said was like his “third arm.”
Read more: rt.com
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- ‘GET OFF OUR LAND’: Navajo Tribe Chases John McCain Off their Reservation Because of This…
- Black Panther Trailer, ‘World is Changing… Soon There will be the Conquered and the Conquerors’
- DETAINED BUT READY TO MINGLE: Osama bin Laden’s Associate Creates Dating Profile from Gitmo
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- BREAKING: 16 Terrorists Arrested at Police Raid — but Paris Jihadist is…
- TERRORISM LOSES AGAIN: Man who had the Intentions of Beheading a Police Officer was Fatally Shot
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?