BERLIN, Germany – Details emerged Thursday, March 26, about the co-pilot who French authorities say “deliberately” initiated the descent of the Germanwings flight that crashed this week, killing all 150 people on board.
The 28-year-old German, Andreas Lubitz, had worked for Germanwings, a Lufthansa subisidiary, since September 2013, a Lufthansa spokeswoman said Thursday.
He qualified as a pilot at the Lufthansa training center in the northern city of Bremen and began flying for Germanwings immediately after completing the course. He had 630 hours of flight experience, she said.
Lubitz was from the western town of Montabaur and lived with his parents there while keeping a flat in Duesseldorf, a Germanwings hub and the city for which the doomed flight from Barcelona was bound, Montabaur mayor Gabriele Wieland told national news agency, DPA.
Read more: rappler.com
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…
- ‘YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN AFRICA’: Group of Black People Taunt BIKINI-CLAD Woman, She Instantly Loses Her Sh*t [VIDEO]
- Kathy Griffin Attacks Trump Again in Bizarre Video [WATCH]
- The Best Scopes for Your Hunting Rifle
- Child Sex Slave Escapes Captor, But Now She is the One in Jail
- WATCH: Off-Duty Police Officer Caught in Gun Fight While Holding His Young Child
- 2yr-Old Beats Stage 4 Cancer with Breakthrough Treatment
- CNN Commentator: When it Comes to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Bug out Guns: 7 Best Firearms for your Bug out Arsenal
- Watch: When Americans ‘Steal’ Illegal Immigrants’ Job
- ALERT: Mugabe ‘Resigns’ From Office
- Revealed: George Soros has Been Winning Small Political Victories That Can Jeopardize America
- Senator Al Fraken Caught Sexually Harassing a Model
- Photo Gallery
- Prostitute Shoots Man in the Head Because He Didn’t Know How to…
- Exposed: Maxine Waters Lives in Highly Segregated Wealthy Community, No Where Near Her Represented District
- Major Economic Liberty Case Lands at Supreme Court