Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City, confirmed on Monday that he is actively considering running for president as an independent.
In a dramatic interview, the 73-year-old said he was ‘looking at all the options’ and expressed disgust at the current state of the White House race.
Bloomberg would be the richest candidate in American political history with a fortune of $36 billion, dwarfing the resources of Republican Donald Trump and enabling him to self-fund a campaign many times over.
He could also neutralize Trump’s most celebrating selling point: that he’s the only presidential candidate who’s so rich that he can’t be ‘bought’ by special-interest donors.
Bloomberg told the Financial Times: ‘I find the level of discourse and discussion distressingly banal and an outrage and an insult to the voters.’
He said the public deserves ‘a lot better,’ adding that he was ‘listening to what candidates are saying’ and that he would have to move by the start of next month to have his name put on general election ballots.
Bloomberg, who won three terms in office as mayor of the Big Apple, was in London on Monday to meet British Prime Minister David Cameron.
Individuals identifying themselves as Bloomberg aides were heard Sunday night at two different Super Bowl parties in Manchester, New Hampshire – one thrown by Jeb Bush loyalists and another attended by Hillary Clinton supporters – saying that they were sniffing around and surveying the landscape for their boss.
Read more: Daily Mail
- BREAKING: Terror Attack on Pedestrians, Mowed Down by Van — Terrorist Take Hostages at Gun Point
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- White House Fact Sheet: How Trump and Sessions Have Combated Lawless Sanctuary Cities
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Obama Breaks Silence–5 Worded Response on Charlotte RIOTS Will Have You Dropping Your Jaw [SHOCKING]
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?