A 25-year-old Army sergeant who was planning to take photos in military gear was arrested at Fayetteville’s Cross Creek Mall Thursday evening after dozens of panicked 911 calls from shoppers.
Bryan Scott Wolfinger is charged with going armed to the terror of the public. Police said Wolfinger was carrying an AR-15 assault rifle, military ballistic panel carrier and multiple high-capacity rifle magazine when he was taken into custody.
Investigators said multiple shoppers began calling 911 shortly after Wolfinger arrived at the mall for a photo shoot.
Officers arriving on scene encountered Wolfinger near an entrance in the Macy’s wing of the mall, and he was taken into custody without incident.
Wolfinger was processed at the Cumberland County jail and released to his company commander at Fort Bragg, police said.
Read more: wral.com
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- BREAKING: FBI, DOJ Broke Law in Clinton Email Probe — Inspector General Declares
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- VETPAW: Anti-Poaching Unit Shut-Down because this Woman Said…
- Barbara Bush Hating Professor: ‘Why I Can’t Stand White Belly Dancers’
- Pelosi Kicks Off Campaign Season With Perfect Gift to GOP [WATCH]
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- Poll: David Hogg Has Officially Become Irrelevant — Do You LOVE This?
- TIGHT SQUEEZE: Bear Attempts Breaking into Man’s House but Gets Caught in the Act, Literally
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?