A 25-year-old Army sergeant who was planning to take photos in military gear was arrested at Fayetteville’s Cross Creek Mall Thursday evening after dozens of panicked 911 calls from shoppers.
Bryan Scott Wolfinger is charged with going armed to the terror of the public. Police said Wolfinger was carrying an AR-15 assault rifle, military ballistic panel carrier and multiple high-capacity rifle magazine when he was taken into custody.
Investigators said multiple shoppers began calling 911 shortly after Wolfinger arrived at the mall for a photo shoot.
Officers arriving on scene encountered Wolfinger near an entrance in the Macy’s wing of the mall, and he was taken into custody without incident.
Wolfinger was processed at the Cumberland County jail and released to his company commander at Fort Bragg, police said.
Read more: wral.com
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Female Gun Range Owner, Who Banned Muslims from Her Business, is Running for Governor