How fitting then the name, DC Project, which was chosen for this adventure that brought together a group of female firearms professionals in Washington, DC to establish relationships with their individual lawmakers, to reveal the faces and stories of 2nd Amendment supporters, and to serve as advisers on America’s gun culture.
Some of us just simply weren’t taught by our parents and grandparents how to have a voice. We don’t know the first step to take or even who our Congressman or Sentors are. We would not know what to say to them if we did have an appointment in their office, whether in DC or in our home state. Well, the good news is, neither did most of the women who projected their energy and their ideas during the DC Project. But we learned. We did. We tried. And it was amazing!
Here are a few easy tools that you can use. And some simple steps to begin to teach yourself so that you can teach a friend, or a young person in your life. It will feel odd and unnatural at first, but that’s ok.
#4) Write three letters. One to your Congressman and one to each of your Senators. (Hint: mailing addresses are found when you discover your Representatives above) Prefer email? That’s great, because next to each address is also an email address…and even a phone number if you like to call personally. Most often you will be leaving a voicemail, but those messages are just as important as letters!
Next you will be asking, “How do I write a letter?” Don’t get bogged down in fancy language. Don’t worry about sounding uninformed. If you know of a specific Bill or topic you want to write about to thank them for their work, or ask them to vote a certain way that is great. If not, just write anyway. It will be good practice. Say something like this:
“Dear Congressman X, I am your constituent in City Town, AZ and I wanted to introduce myself. I am on the PTA and a member of the local gardening club and wanted ask you what we, your constituents, can do to help you in performing your job of representing us. If I can ever be of any help to you please let me know. Sincerely, J. Doe “
Read more: Gun Freedom Radio
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- Democrat Behind Slain Soldier Controversy, ‘I’m a Rockstar Now’ [VIDEO]
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- Bro Swims Out to GREAT WHITE SHARK…Watch What Happens
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- Actress Jessica Chastain: Hollywood Rallies Against Trump, But Ignores ‘Sexual Predators In Our Offices’
- WATCH: Burglar is BUSTED by Dallas Police, Homeowner Compiles the CCTV Footage in HILARIOUS Remix
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison