How fitting then the name, DC Project, which was chosen for this adventure that brought together a group of female firearms professionals in Washington, DC to establish relationships with their individual lawmakers, to reveal the faces and stories of 2nd Amendment supporters, and to serve as advisers on America’s gun culture.
Some of us just simply weren’t taught by our parents and grandparents how to have a voice. We don’t know the first step to take or even who our Congressman or Sentors are. We would not know what to say to them if we did have an appointment in their office, whether in DC or in our home state. Well, the good news is, neither did most of the women who projected their energy and their ideas during the DC Project. But we learned. We did. We tried. And it was amazing!
Here are a few easy tools that you can use. And some simple steps to begin to teach yourself so that you can teach a friend, or a young person in your life. It will feel odd and unnatural at first, but that’s ok.
#4) Write three letters. One to your Congressman and one to each of your Senators. (Hint: mailing addresses are found when you discover your Representatives above) Prefer email? That’s great, because next to each address is also an email address…and even a phone number if you like to call personally. Most often you will be leaving a voicemail, but those messages are just as important as letters!
Next you will be asking, “How do I write a letter?” Don’t get bogged down in fancy language. Don’t worry about sounding uninformed. If you know of a specific Bill or topic you want to write about to thank them for their work, or ask them to vote a certain way that is great. If not, just write anyway. It will be good practice. Say something like this:
“Dear Congressman X, I am your constituent in City Town, AZ and I wanted to introduce myself. I am on the PTA and a member of the local gardening club and wanted ask you what we, your constituents, can do to help you in performing your job of representing us. If I can ever be of any help to you please let me know. Sincerely, J. Doe “
Read more: Gun Freedom Radio
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Why I Killed Jeffrey Dahmer
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- Senator Kamala Harris Completes ‘Democrat Stupidity Course’ After Tweeting this Moronic Statement on Illegal Immigration
- Identical Twin Studies Show the Only Gay Genes that Exist are Made by Versace
- Watch: Feminist Wants to Ban the Word “Man” — Tucker Has His Fun
- Obama Repeals ObamaCare
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office