How fitting then the name, DC Project, which was chosen for this adventure that brought together a group of female firearms professionals in Washington, DC to establish relationships with their individual lawmakers, to reveal the faces and stories of 2nd Amendment supporters, and to serve as advisers on America’s gun culture.
Some of us just simply weren’t taught by our parents and grandparents how to have a voice. We don’t know the first step to take or even who our Congressman or Sentors are. We would not know what to say to them if we did have an appointment in their office, whether in DC or in our home state. Well, the good news is, neither did most of the women who projected their energy and their ideas during the DC Project. But we learned. We did. We tried. And it was amazing!
Here are a few easy tools that you can use. And some simple steps to begin to teach yourself so that you can teach a friend, or a young person in your life. It will feel odd and unnatural at first, but that’s ok.
#4) Write three letters. One to your Congressman and one to each of your Senators. (Hint: mailing addresses are found when you discover your Representatives above) Prefer email? That’s great, because next to each address is also an email address…and even a phone number if you like to call personally. Most often you will be leaving a voicemail, but those messages are just as important as letters!
Next you will be asking, “How do I write a letter?” Don’t get bogged down in fancy language. Don’t worry about sounding uninformed. If you know of a specific Bill or topic you want to write about to thank them for their work, or ask them to vote a certain way that is great. If not, just write anyway. It will be good practice. Say something like this:
“Dear Congressman X, I am your constituent in City Town, AZ and I wanted to introduce myself. I am on the PTA and a member of the local gardening club and wanted ask you what we, your constituents, can do to help you in performing your job of representing us. If I can ever be of any help to you please let me know. Sincerely, J. Doe “
Read more: Gun Freedom Radio
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- BREAKING: Terror Attack on Pedestrians, Mowed Down by Van — Terrorist Take Hostages at Gun Point
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- White House Fact Sheet: How Trump and Sessions Have Combated Lawless Sanctuary Cities
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Obama Breaks Silence–5 Worded Response on Charlotte RIOTS Will Have You Dropping Your Jaw [SHOCKING]
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- GOOD JOB DAD: Father Gave his College Daughter a Gun, Saves her Life During Home Invasion
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Cop Mohammed Noor Shot Yoga Teacher From Patrol Car, While Reaching Over His Partner
- Here are 30 Democrats that Should be in JAIL for Meeting with Russian Officials
- Clinton Secret Service Agent Drops BOMBSHELL on Hillary & Bill