A father took a gun into hospital to stop doctors taking his son off life support – and during the three-hour stand-off the young man squeezed his hand.
The sign that he wasn’t brain dead meant he was kept alive – and he is now recovering and doing well.
His father, 59-year-old George Pickering II, was charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after marching into Tomball Regional Medical Center in Texas with a gun.
His 27-year-old son, George III, had been declared brain dead after suffering a massive stroke in January.
After doctors declared there was no more hope for him, they ordered a ‘terminal wean’ – whereby life support is slowly withdrawn to end a life.
Pickering’s ex-wife and other son had agreed to the move, and the young man had already been placed on an organ donation register.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Report: NFL Refuses to Air Pro-Veteran Ad During Super Bowl Asking Fans to Stand
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- WHAT WOULD JESUS CARRY? Packing in Church
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- RECRUITERS TOLD NOT TO WEAR UNIFORMS: This Soldier Thinks That’s Bullsh-t
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless
- MSNBC Anchor Joy Reid Claims Media Favorability for Republicans is Only Reason Democrats Look Bad — Yup
- NFL Star, Benjamin Watson, Delivers BRUTAL Truth Bombs About Blacks & Abortion
- REPORT: NFL Will Lose $500 Million as Fans Revolt
- ‘FCK DA POLICE’: #Ferguson Shooter’s Thug Life Proudly Displayed on Social Media