Federal prosecutors are expected to bring weapons charges against a friend of San Bernardino terrorist Syed Farook who investigators say purchased two assault-style rifles that were used in the deadly attacks.
The charges are set to be filed later today against 24-year-old Enrique Marquez, a former neighbor of Farook and his relative by marriage, CNN and NBC reported Thursday morning, citing sources familiar with the investigation.
FBI officials said Marquez legally bought two AR-15s three years ago for Farook as a favor because the US-born health inspector was worried that he would not pass a background check had he tried to buy the weapons himself.
In the wake of the December 2 attacks in San Bernardino, California, that left 14 dead and 21 others wounded, Marquez told invesitgators he knew nothing of Farook and his wife’s deadly plans.
The 24-year-old former security guard, however, did tell officials that he and Farook planned to carry out another attack in 2012 in California but ended up scrapping the plot after the arrest of four terror suspects in nearby Riverside.
Marquez, who had checked himself into a Los Angeles-area psychiatric hospital shortly after the shootings, quickly emerged as a key figure in the investigation of the shootings.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Three Thugs Were Just Arrested for Stealing Guns in Baton Rouge–Posed ‘Credible Threat’ to Harm Police…
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Photo Gallery
- RECRUITERS TOLD NOT TO WEAR UNIFORMS: This Soldier Thinks That’s Bullsh-t
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- The Rise of ISIS: One Paragraph Explains It All