How could you put your child in that position? This mother had the choice and she picked drugs over her daughter. Hopefully this little girl will be loved and taken care of now.
THIS is the heart-wrenching moment a helpless young toddler tried her best to revive her mother slumped unconscious on the floor of a toy shop after she suffered a drug overdose.
The vulnerable tot was seen desperately trying to nudge her unconscious mum awake after she passed out from a drug overdose.
In the viral footage, the mother is slumped out on the floor of a toy aisle in a discount store.
Massachusetts Police decided to release the harrowing video as a wake up call to others.
The shocking footage comes as a heroin epidemic rips through America.
The 36-year-old woman from New Hampshire, whose name has not been released, is expected to be charged with child endangerment by the end of the week.
She overdosed from an oral version of heroin just a couple minutes after entering the store.
Shocked bystanders saw the little two-year-old girl desperately cry out for help and immediately called the emergency services.
In the video, the young mother is lying sprawled out on the floor while her two-year-old daughter tries to pull her up off the ground.
The girl clad in Frozen pajama tugs at her mother’s arms, grabs her hand, shakes her head and frantically tries to wake her.
Police later found drug paraphernalia and residue found in her toddler’s nappy bag.
Police said the woman was revived with opiate antidote Narcan and taken to hospital while the child was placed in “emergency custody” by the Department of Children and Families.
Lawrence Police Chief James Fitzpatrick said: “It’s heartbreaking. This is definitely evidence that shows what addiction can do to someone and what happens when they use these types of narcotics.”
Mr Fitzpatrick said he does not support public shaming of addicts but said such videos might serve as a lesson for the public.