Good deeds sometimes go unnoticed but when a Maryland police officer used his own money to keep a homeless mother and baby off the street – people certainly took note.
An unidentified woman, with her one-year-old daughter in tow, arrived at a Hyattsville police station Wednesday asking for help. She explained that she had recently escaped an abusive home. She was homeless and staying in a shelter and felt she had run out of options.
Corporal Che Atkinson claims to have spent the morning contacting a social worker for assistance and even reached out to a distant relative. But when he arrived for his shift the next day, there was the woman again, sitting in the same spot he’d left her.
“I was like did she come back this morning?” he explained to WUSA9. “And the other officer says ‘no I think she’s been here all night.’”
That’s when Atkinson learned the woman and child hadn’t eaten in days and chose to go above and beyond the call of duty at his personal expense.
Read more: globalnews.ca
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- WATCH: Mariah Carey Caught Lip Syncing During NYE Performance–Storms Off Stage, But Not Before She Said This…
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Nikolas Cruz was Member of White Supremacist Militia — UPADET, Police Find No Link
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall