President Obama took the stage in the East Room of the White House yesterday and made an emotional display, to include actual tears. Just so y’all know, I also cry, especially at that part in the movie “Spartacus” when they all stand and declare, “I am Spartacus.” Also, the scene in the movie “Glory” when, after the Confederacy declares “any negro Soldier captured in uniform under arms will be shot” yet the next day, every one of the 54th Massachusetts Regiment is there the next day for muster call. Plus, the movies “Gladiator,” “Braveheart,” and “The Last Samurai” when Lord Katsumoto takes his life in honor causes the ol’ eyes to water up as well.
But standing as the president of the United States before the nation taking an unconstitutional action is hardly the time to shed tears. Leaders show strength in times of crisis, they show principled resolve, not ideological, agenda-driven emotions.
Where were the tears for Major General Harold Green — remember him? He was the most senior service member killed in Afghanistan. Where were the tears for the families of those killed at Ft. Hood in an Islamic terror attack? Where were the tears for the families of the Sailor and Marines who lost their lives at the hands of an Islamic jihadist in Chattanooga?
Where were the tears for the children of the greatest sniper in U.S. military history, Chris Kyle? Where were the tears for the Assyrian, Chaldean, and Yazidi children who have been beheaded, crucified, and raped by members of ISIS? Where were the tears for the families of the fallen from Benghazi, as they were being told a lie about a video?
No, I do not discount or lessen the horrific loss of those children at Sandy Hook, or those whom we have mentioned on these pages killed in the gang violence of Chicago. But I do not consent to cherry-picking of an emotional response when it fits a politicized agenda, when there have been countless occasions for a commander-in-chief to shed tears.
And so it goes, that as Obama feigned anger and sadness yesterday, far away in Afghanistan a dire situation is being played out that will result in tears for at least one American family.
As reported by Fox News, “More than a dozen U.S. Army special operations soldiers are trapped in Marjah, Afghanistan, taking cover in a compound surrounded by enemy fire and hostile Taliban fighters after a U.S. special operations solider was killed earlier in the day, senior U.S. defense officials told Fox News late Tuesday. A U.S. official described the “harrowing” scene to Fox News, saying there were enemy forces surrounding the compound in which the special operations team sought refuge.
“On the map there is one green dot representing friendly forces stuck in the compound, and around it is a sea of red [representing hostile forces],” the official told Fox News. A U.S. military “quick reaction force” of reinforcements arrived late Tuesday and evacuated the U.S. special operations soldier killed in action, and the two wounded Americans in the compound, according to a U.S. defense official. The crew of the disabled helicopter also evacuated safely, the official said. The rest of the U.S. special operations team remain in the compound to secure the damaged HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter in an area surrounded by Taliban fighters. An AC-130 gunship has been called in for air cover as the U.S. troops now wait out the night. Earlier in the day, two USAF HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopters were sent to rescue the U.S. special operations team.
One of the helicopters took fire and waved off the mission and flew back to base. The other helicopter’s blades struck the wall of the compound while attempting a rescue of the special operations team, according to defense officials who compared the scene to one similar to the helicopter crash inside Usama bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan on the mission to kill the Al Qaeda leader in May 2011. ”
Read more: allenbwest.com
- The Two Missing Minutes in Case Where Officer Mohamed Noor Shot the Yoga Teacher
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- Sean Spicer is Out: Quits Job as Press Secretary and is Replaced by…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Crocodile Returns Body of Man it Killed After Witch Doctor ‘Summoned It’ [Video]
- ALERT: All US Army M1911 Handguns to be Transferred to Civilian Marksmanship Program in new Bill
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- John McCain’s Daughter Reveals the Senator Has Been Diagnosed With Brain Cancer
- Berkeley Middle School Teacher Yvette Felarca Arrested For Assault, Rioting At ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protest
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- 10,000 New ICE Agents are Ordered to Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities
- Wife Found Guilty of Shooting Her Husband Dead and the Only Witness was Their Pet Parrot
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Bill de Blasio Snubbed at Funeral for Slain Female NYPD Officer
- Congress Fails to Include Majority of Trump’s Budget Cuts in House GOP Budget Plan
- GO FASTER! Video Captures the Moment a Hippo Almost Sinked this Guy’s Safari Boat in Botswana
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN