He’ll sign a new executive order on Labor Day
President Obama will sign an executive order Monday that will give an estimated 300,000 workers new access to paid sick leave.
The order, which Obama will announce during a Labor Day speech to a Boston labor group, will require federal contractors to give their workers the ability to earn up to seven days (56 hours) of paid sick leave each year, ABC News reports. Employees will earn an hour of paid leave per every 30 hours of work when the policy begins with 2017 federal contracts. They can use that time to care for themselves as well as family members.
Read more: Time
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Trump’s Travel Ban Reinstated by Supreme Court
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- North Korea Claims They’re the ‘Victim’ in Otto Warmbier’s Death
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- After Russian-Trump Fake News Story, CNN Is Imposing New Rules — But Will They Help?