Hillary Clinton insisted today that prospective voters, at least the ones coming to her campaign stops, don’t care about about her email account and the entire controversy is really much ado about nothing.
‘We’ll see how this all plays out, but it’s not anything that people talk to me about around the country,’ she told a mass of reporters huddled outside a barn at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines.
Continuing she said questions about her emails and server are ‘never raised in my town halls. It is never raised in my other meetings with people.’
Rather, Clinton said she believes attendees of her events are interested in learning about what she would do to boost the economy, lower the cost of college and student debt, ensure workplace equality for women, as well as persons with disabilities ‘and so much more.’
‘And that’s what I talk about on the campaign trail,’ she said.
Clinton reiterated that she used one email account to conduct work and personal business while she served in the Obama administration for ‘convenience.’
‘Obviously, these years later, it doesn’t look so convenient,’ she acknowledged, ‘but the facts are the same as they have been from the very beginning.’
Inspectors general from the Justice Department and the Intelligence Community found in a review of Clinton’s emails that she both sent and received classified information even though it was not labeled that way at the time.
And the State Department has redacted portions of her emails and marked others as wholly classified before releasing them to the public.
She this week voluntarily handed over her server to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to aid it in its investigation of her email account.
Clinton in March said she had already wiped the server clean but cybersecurity experts say some of the more than 60,000 emails she deleted from it may be recoverable.
The FBI is trying to determine whether her server, which she ran out of her New York home, was ever hacked by foreign entities and which government employees passed her the sensitive information over email, some of which has been the Intelligence Community inspector general’s office says should have been marked ‘top secret.’
Republicans hope the discovery process will lead to a smoking gun in their own investigation to the Benghazi, Libya attack in 2012.
Clinton has maintained her innocence, despite the inspectors generals’ claims.
Her campaign said this week in a detailed email to supporters that ‘it’s common for information previously considered unclassified to be upgraded to classified before being publicly released. Some emails that weren’t secret at the time she sent or received them might be secret now.’
It also contended that ‘sometimes government agencies disagree about what should be classified, so it isn’t surprising that another agency might want to conduct its own review, even though the State Department has repeatedly confirmed that Hillary’s emails contained no classified information at the time she sent or received them.’
She today maintained that she ‘never sent classified material’ over email and ‘never received any that was marked classified.
‘So, I’m going to let whatever this inquiry is go forward, and we’ll await the outcome of it,’ she said. ‘The state dept has confirmed what I have just said to you, but I do think that if you look at the Republicans in Congress, the ones running for president, there is an unfortunate tendency to try to make partisan a tragedy in Benghazi, which I just fundamentally disagree with.
Clinton echoed the remarks she made the night before at a Democratic fundraiser in Clear Lake, Iowa, where she forcefully derided Republicans leading the inquisition into a possible cover up in Libya, and told reporters, ‘I don’t think its right, and I will not participate in it.’
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Actors Blame Trump for Hawaii False Alarm — Jim Carrey “We are headed for suffering beyond all imagination.”
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- 22 U.S. States Have Passed “Bring Your Gun to Work” Laws
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- INSANE: Cops Kill Puppy that was Walking Away From Them [VIDEO]
- POWERFUL: Cop Stands in the Place of Student’s Deceased Parents at Graduation
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…
- Sessions Has HARSH Message for ‘Dreamers’ — Will Send Them CRYING Back to Mexico
- Rand Paul: Donald Trump was ‘Large Financial Backer’ of Haiti Mission Trips When he Was Private Citizen [Watch]
- Watch: Chelsea Manning is Running for Senate and the Campaign Ad Will Make You Cry with Laughter