Hillary Clinton insisted today that prospective voters, at least the ones coming to her campaign stops, don’t care about about her email account and the entire controversy is really much ado about nothing.
‘We’ll see how this all plays out, but it’s not anything that people talk to me about around the country,’ she told a mass of reporters huddled outside a barn at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines.
Continuing she said questions about her emails and server are ‘never raised in my town halls. It is never raised in my other meetings with people.’
Rather, Clinton said she believes attendees of her events are interested in learning about what she would do to boost the economy, lower the cost of college and student debt, ensure workplace equality for women, as well as persons with disabilities ‘and so much more.’
‘And that’s what I talk about on the campaign trail,’ she said.
Clinton reiterated that she used one email account to conduct work and personal business while she served in the Obama administration for ‘convenience.’
‘Obviously, these years later, it doesn’t look so convenient,’ she acknowledged, ‘but the facts are the same as they have been from the very beginning.’
Inspectors general from the Justice Department and the Intelligence Community found in a review of Clinton’s emails that she both sent and received classified information even though it was not labeled that way at the time.
And the State Department has redacted portions of her emails and marked others as wholly classified before releasing them to the public.
She this week voluntarily handed over her server to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to aid it in its investigation of her email account.
Clinton in March said she had already wiped the server clean but cybersecurity experts say some of the more than 60,000 emails she deleted from it may be recoverable.
The FBI is trying to determine whether her server, which she ran out of her New York home, was ever hacked by foreign entities and which government employees passed her the sensitive information over email, some of which has been the Intelligence Community inspector general’s office says should have been marked ‘top secret.’
Republicans hope the discovery process will lead to a smoking gun in their own investigation to the Benghazi, Libya attack in 2012.
Clinton has maintained her innocence, despite the inspectors generals’ claims.
Her campaign said this week in a detailed email to supporters that ‘it’s common for information previously considered unclassified to be upgraded to classified before being publicly released. Some emails that weren’t secret at the time she sent or received them might be secret now.’
It also contended that ‘sometimes government agencies disagree about what should be classified, so it isn’t surprising that another agency might want to conduct its own review, even though the State Department has repeatedly confirmed that Hillary’s emails contained no classified information at the time she sent or received them.’
She today maintained that she ‘never sent classified material’ over email and ‘never received any that was marked classified.
‘So, I’m going to let whatever this inquiry is go forward, and we’ll await the outcome of it,’ she said. ‘The state dept has confirmed what I have just said to you, but I do think that if you look at the Republicans in Congress, the ones running for president, there is an unfortunate tendency to try to make partisan a tragedy in Benghazi, which I just fundamentally disagree with.
Clinton echoed the remarks she made the night before at a Democratic fundraiser in Clear Lake, Iowa, where she forcefully derided Republicans leading the inquisition into a possible cover up in Libya, and told reporters, ‘I don’t think its right, and I will not participate in it.’
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- The Key to Basic Handgun Training? K.I.S.S. [Watch]
- All You Need To Know About “Assault” Rifles