Ratcheting up her attack on the nation’s gun lobbyists, Hillary Clinton on Wednesday said the National Rifle Association is as stubborn in its negotiating stance as “the Iranians or the communists.”
Mrs. Clinton got at a question at a town hall-style campaign event from a woman who said President Barack Obama seemed “so sad” and “sounded so tired” when discussing a shooting rampage at Umpqua Community College in Oregon last week that left nine people dead.
“How will you keep from being sad and tired?” the woman asked Mrs. Clinton, the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.
“I think by being angry and determined,” Mrs. Clinton said.
Earlier this week, Mrs. Clinton rolled out a package of measures meant to strengthen regulation of gun sales through legislation or executive action.
In her comments here, she urged gun owners to break with the NRA and form a separate organization that would support gun ownership while promoting legislation aimed at preventing mass shootings. She went on to give a blistering account of the NRA’s business model, saying it acts cynically to stoke fears among gun owners that government agents flying in “black helicopters” are poised to confiscate their weapons.
“The NRA tries to keep gun owners – the ones who are members – really upset all the time so they can keep collecting their money, because they tell them they’re the only thing that’s going to stop the black helicopters from landing in the front yard and people’s guns being seized,” she said. “That’s the argument they make. And it works with some people and it has turned a lot of people into absolutists themselves.”
Read more: blogs.wsj.com
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Anti-Trump Protester Shot in Groin With Tear-Gas Canister During Phoenix Rally [Video]
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- State Senator Who Called for Trump Assassination is Kicked Out of…
- Bust… A Move? 92yr-Old Woman and Police Officer Have a Dance Off [Watch]
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- The Key to Basic Handgun Training? K.I.S.S. [Watch]
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should. [UPDATE]
- ‘I Can’t Thank You Enough’: Wounded Vet Surprises Gary Sinise During Interview [VIDEO]
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead