Ratcheting up her attack on the nation’s gun lobbyists, Hillary Clinton on Wednesday said the National Rifle Association is as stubborn in its negotiating stance as “the Iranians or the communists.”
Mrs. Clinton got at a question at a town hall-style campaign event from a woman who said President Barack Obama seemed “so sad” and “sounded so tired” when discussing a shooting rampage at Umpqua Community College in Oregon last week that left nine people dead.
“How will you keep from being sad and tired?” the woman asked Mrs. Clinton, the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.
“I think by being angry and determined,” Mrs. Clinton said.
Earlier this week, Mrs. Clinton rolled out a package of measures meant to strengthen regulation of gun sales through legislation or executive action.
In her comments here, she urged gun owners to break with the NRA and form a separate organization that would support gun ownership while promoting legislation aimed at preventing mass shootings. She went on to give a blistering account of the NRA’s business model, saying it acts cynically to stoke fears among gun owners that government agents flying in “black helicopters” are poised to confiscate their weapons.
“The NRA tries to keep gun owners – the ones who are members – really upset all the time so they can keep collecting their money, because they tell them they’re the only thing that’s going to stop the black helicopters from landing in the front yard and people’s guns being seized,” she said. “That’s the argument they make. And it works with some people and it has turned a lot of people into absolutists themselves.”
Read more: blogs.wsj.com
- CNN Reporter Claims School Shooting Survivor Colton Haab is a Liar
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Thinking Past Step 1: Other Policy Changes to Improve School Security
- Nurse Caught on Camera Laughing as WWII Vet Dies Gasping for Breath
- Report: Father ‘Chained His Twin Daughters in Home, Raped Them and Fathered Their Children’
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- VIDEO: Texas High School Plans on Suspending Students Protesting Gun Rights
- BLUBBER BUTT MOORE: #MichaelMoore Demands America to ‘Disarm the Police’
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Still Believes ‘Macho Atmosphere’ & ‘Sexism’ is Why Hillary Clinton Lost
- Artist Who Painted Obama’s Portrait LOVES to Paint White Women Being Beheaded
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Man Claims He is a ‘9yr-Old Trapped’ in a Man’s Body After Being Arrested for Sexually Assaulting Children
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?